Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

GPS and battery performance for Ingress?

OP Kasprom

31st May 2014, 03:24 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

19 posts
Hello, I am looking for a new phone and Xperia Z is currently the favorite choice, however I have questions regarding why exactly I want new phone.
I want to play Ingress, but my current one, LG L9 have serious problems with GPS. (In details here).
I want to know, how good is GPS performance? Any Ingress players here with experience how this phone handles Ingress using GPS?
How good is battery? I see that Xperia Z doesn't have much larger capacity than L9, and considering it has full hd screen, I wonder wouldn't it deplete even faster?
Last edited by Kasprom; 31st May 2014 at 03:26 AM.
31st May 2014, 04:48 AM   |  #2  
Flag here!
Thanks Meter: 636

3,799 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasprom

Hello, I am looking for a new phone and Xperia Z is currently the favorite choice, however I have questions regarding why exactly I want new phone.
I want to play Ingress, but my current one, LG L9 have serious problems with GPS. (In details here).
I want to know, how good is GPS performance? Any Ingress players here with experience how this phone handles Ingress using GPS?
How good is battery? I see that Xperia Z doesn't have much larger capacity than L9, and considering it has full hd screen, I wonder wouldn't it deplete even faster?

Hi
GPS is good. But if you update to 4.3 it will be bad... But 4.4.2 and 4.2.2 is works great!

Battery is also good. For me i get 4 hours with screen on and wifi and google chrome without break. If screen off you will get -4 every night

Thanks
31st May 2014, 07:33 AM   |  #3  
Flag Frankfurt
Thanks Meter: 141

610 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasprom

Do not post questions in the general section - use Q&A instead!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread