[Q] gps module xperia z improvements

OP farahzadfarahzad

1st September 2014, 04:30 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
Hi recently I have an issue on xperia z after update google maps which is bring better look but not better performance on my phone when I want to turn in any way my car is turned but google maps has a hanged and after a while it will turn and continue navigating can you guys tell me what rom is very stable and compatible with my GPS module as i am mostly use my xz for driving recently bought Lumia 1520 but I cannot leave this phone away please just tell me a way to fix the issue I don't have sim on my phone only using the GPS and apps
1st September 2014, 04:35 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Flag Sydney

4 posts
More
Clock my rom
I have downloaded many kit Kat rom and tested but it isn't fixed I uses miui,cm11,aur,
Isn't it because of kit Kat is there any kernel can be useful last night I downgrade to existenZ ver 7 but still problem although not as much as kit Kat any idea for me please help guys I am doing delivery job and have sygic on my phone but google maps I the best not even Nokia drive with a a 3d maps can beat it
1st September 2014, 08:09 AM   |  #3  
Flag Frankfurt
Thanks Meter: 141

600 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by farahzadfarahzad

I have downloaded many kit Kat rom and tested but it isn't fixed I uses miui,cm11,aur,
Isn't it because of kit Kat is there any kernel can be useful last night I downgrade to existenZ ver 7 but still problem although not as much as kit Kat any idea for me please help guys I am doing delivery job and have sygic on my phone but google maps I the best not even Nokia drive with a a 3d maps can beat it

Please do not post questions in the general section - use Q&A instead.
To your problem. I use navigator with open source maps and there's no problem at all. You might give it a try
The Following User Says Thank You to St.Jimmy90 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd September 2014, 05:16 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 165

718 posts
More
I also find this with Google maps, do you also get your location arrow spinning around? As if it doesn't know which way you're facing? Or sometimes says you're going down a road sideways?
The Following User Says Thank You to technaudio For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd September 2014, 12:26 AM   |  #5  
Flag here!
Thanks Meter: 583

3,468 posts
Donate to Me
More
Google maps going worst each update....

Tapatalk'ed from my Xperia™ Z (C6602) running Dirty Unicorns ROM!
The Following User Says Thank You to androidfreak70 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th September 2014, 12:11 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Sydney

4 posts
More
agree but there is way
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidfreak70

Google maps going worst each update....

Tapatalk'ed from my Xperia™ Z (C6602) running Dirty Unicorns ROM!

Actually I am totally agree that Google is getting worse on
The android devices but you just try the new Google maps on iPhone and you will see how smooth it is after using a lot of custom roms and research I found the solution the problem is my gps chip which is not strong enough to handle google maps but works fine with sygic
Guys the only way to fixed
Is buy an EXTERNAL GPS WHICH IS CONNECT VIA BLUETOOTH
I bought qstarz xt works fine but there are more option you can choose
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread