Gyroscope not working ZL 4.3(101) & 4.4 (230)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

coolrevi

Jun 1, 2012
Udupi
This problem appeared in 101 ROM when i tried to used photospere. the mosaic would never align to start the image. So i tried photo 360 to check this. same problem. i checked the gyrocope in service menu. it keeps on rotating even its kept in the stable most place.

so i thought it was a hardware issue, however when i verified the same in 4.3 (569) rom it was perfectly stable. gyrocope would move according the position of the phone. This is where i could conclude that this was a software issue.

And now in 230 (4.4) this problem still exist.

I even verified it with CM 11 ROMS. i didnt have any problem in gyroscope.

Now, is there a way to fix this. as per one of the post this was a kernel problem. if this is a kernel problem what are the things that are needed to fix this. as in any libs or files that may be able to fix this issue. please comment below.
Can the files from CM rom be used to fix this issue?
Please verifiy the same in Xperia Z. you can test it in service menu. gyroscope- if its stable when the phone is stable- you have nothing to worry

Note: i have done PCC repair like so many time so it doesnt really wont. so suggest something else.

neoxx3m

Dec 8, 2009
Ljubuski
Xiaomi 12X
This problem appeared in 101 ROM when i tried to used photospere. the mosaic would never align to start the image. So i tried photo 360 to check this. same problem. i checked the gyrocope in service menu. it keeps on rotating even its kept in the stable most place.

so i thought it was a hardware issue, however when i verified the same in 4.3 (569) rom it was perfectly stable. gyrocope would move according the position of the phone. This is where i could conclude that this was a software issue.

And now in 230 (4.4) this problem still exist.

I even verified it with CM 11 ROMS. i didnt have any problem in gyroscope.

Now, is there a way to fix this. as per one of the post this was a kernel problem. if this is a kernel problem what are the things that are needed to fix this. as in any libs or files that may be able to fix this issue. please comment below.
Can the files from CM rom be used to fix this issue?
Please verifiy the same in Xperia Z. you can test it in service menu. gyroscope- if its stable when the phone is stable- you have nothing to worry

Note: i have done PCC repair like so many time so it doesnt really wont. so suggest something else.

Work fine on KitKat. Try to flash .569 ftf and then test it.

coolrevi

Jun 1, 2012
Udupi
On my XZ there is no problem, tried it. What is when you enter service menu - gyroscope?

yes do you see a rubik cube like image which should move only when the phone moves. if that happens, yo phone has no problem. if that moves even when the phone is in stable position then yo phone has the problem i mentioned.

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
Mine has tiny amounts of drift in the service test menu (almost unnoticeable), but I just tried and I'm able to capture photospheres without difficulty.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

coolrevi

Jun 1, 2012
Udupi
Mine has tiny amounts of drift in the service test menu (almost unnoticeable), but I just tried and I'm able to capture photospheres without difficulty.

What might be the problem here.. I mean it works perfectly well in CM 11 and all the roms prior to 101. im all out of options here

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
I have no ideas, to be honest. It seems software related if it works for you in earlier roms, but others here are having no problems running the same software version as you. It may be down to a driver supplied by Qualcomm, but it doesn't seem as simple as that.

coolrevi

Jun 1, 2012
Udupi
I have no ideas, to be honest. It seems software related if it works for you in earlier roms, but others here are having no problems running the same software version as you. It may be down to a driver supplied by Qualcomm, but it doesn't seem as simple as that.

if its the driver problem is it possible to extract the same from earlier roms so that i can use it in Kitkat. currently im on 569. If so what are the files that needs to be extracted.

Status
Not open for further replies.