Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,303 Members 42,599 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Hard brick

Tip us?

raftom57
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Hard brick

Hello,
Sorry for my english I'm french. I read all post on xperia Z hard bricked on xda but no solutions, hope someone could help me.

I got a xperia Z (bootloader locked, rooted, stock rom)
A morning I take it out of my wall charger, then the screen was freezing. I tryed a soft reset and from now no answer of life.
I try to make a hard reset by disconnecting the battery, didn't work. A lot of combination of touch, didn't work, even the rubber tape to try to put it into flash mode didn't work.
I think the battery is drained because when I plug it to the wall, the red led come for like 5 minutes then go off again.
What should I do ? Let him plug to the wall charger and hope to see a led coming before trying to flash ?

Thank you verry much for any purpose

Ben Ling
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 6,800

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by raftom57 View Post
Hello,
Sorry for my english I'm french. I read all post on xperia Z hard bricked on xda but no solutions, hope someone could help me.

I got a xperia Z (bootloader locked, rooted, stock rom)
A morning I take it out of my wall charger, then the screen was freezing. I tryed a soft reset and from now no answer of life.
I try to make a hard reset by disconnecting the battery, didn't work. A lot of combination of touch, didn't work, even the rubber tape to try to put it into flash mode didn't work.
I think the battery is drained because when I plug it to the wall, the red led come for like 5 minutes then go off again.
What should I do ? Let him plug to the wall charger and hope to see a led coming before trying to flash ?

Thank you verry much for any purpose
Do you tried to hold power button + volume up to force restart ?

can you charge it for now ?

Like My Work ? Donate To Me So That I Can Contribute To More Devices
Always Hit Thanks If You Like My Work

raftom57
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yes of course I try reset with power and vol up but no luck !
There is no response when I plug it on my charger wall but after 2 days without plugin it to the charger, i think the battery was dead. Then I pluged it in the wall and the red led appear for some times then go out again. I'll think at this moment I should put him on my pc with flashtool ok and the rubber band trick.
SO now the plan is :
I've put him on my wall charger again for some times (like 48h), and when I will see a red led, I will do the rubber band trick on my pc. I'll keep you posted

raftom57
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
YEEAHHH It's ok I managed to flash my kernel in 20secondes and now works fine !! No sign of life at all before that !!

I want to thanks toledo_jab for is great work on sony xperia, allow me to understand the process with the led and everything !!

So if you have A hard bricked or soft bricked xperia Z !!

Let him plug to the wall charger, don't try to do anything like button combinaison or something ! After a couple of hours (15h for me) you will see the red led !!
Then : prepare flash tool ready to flash on your pc :
Unplug your phone from the wall charger and plug it to the pc with a rubber band on the down volume button to allow it to be put into flashmode

And it automaticaly should do the work when the phone will be detected (could take 20s like a couple of hour)

It's simple and save me 300euros thank you xda !!