Search This thread

trampzz

Jun 25, 2016
i've tried your solution, but it not work at all. my XZ just wont charge, PC / Laptop not recognize it at all.
now it just Sony logo, then shutdown. all the time when i tried to turn it on.
well, maybe its time for my XZ to retire..

quickstyler

Aug 5, 2009
just as a note: i also experienced some unrepairable xperia z pcbs due to blown fuses - just check your mainboard with a magnifier

xdax1

Aug 27, 2009
Hong Kong
I have exactly the same problem

I bricked my Sony, it was working perfectly before as long as I have it charging, just it will die right after I unplug the phone. So I thought I am gonna get the battery replace first then fix it myself.

I brought it to Sony Service Center in Hong Kong and they charged about 20US to for checking, and then I got the quote for ~~270US to replace the battery (they said it's dead), the motherboard (since it cannot boot, I think they just won't reflash for me etc, I know I can save it myself), the LCD (which they said only backlight working)

They won't fix only one item for me, it has to be all, and Sony logo still can be seen in the LCD when trying to bootup, and right before I brick it, LCD was perfect, and they won't check again for me. Anyway, this phone is gone.

andrewff2

Sep 29, 2012
Anyone knows if this is possible to do in the xperia ZL? my phone is the same and it has the same 3 solder joints!!

I can provide images i anyone can help out!!

Fmonhtc

Sep 5, 2016
That's hardware problem

Sensor fail. And you must focus on ic power, bsi and btemp resistor.
view

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

view
i have solving many times with this case on xperia device. this picture just taken from my xperia z1
check red circle, thats resistor btemp, the capacity arround 47K ohm. fist check with avometer mode buzzer. if buzzing, the resistor was ok and check the capacity. should be 47K ohm or almost 47K. if the resistor died, you must change it. btemp resistor detect temperature charging .
the yellow circle was BSI area. its connected wheter using micro usb chargir or magnetic charging. BSI also detect capacity charging.

if btemp resistor was ok, put the pcb. put off plastic charging connector protection.
try to rehot it using blower with 400"C and air speed on 3 for a while, please use mechanical flux , re-hot on white circle area. ive used for 2-3 minutes.
whoila , it fixing manytimes xperia case about thermal warning, charging fails or stuck charging. also work on other device even old nokia phone.

what is btemp / BSI? read this link, and translate it with your language.

by the way, im indonesian, if want asking me more, you can contact me on fmonhtc@gmail.com or whatsapp me on +628563343738 , i'll help as i can, bcz im not always online.

cheers,
fa

Last edited:

VIKAS321

Jun 22, 2016
battery dead during flash xperia z!

i have xperia z c6603 ..battery dead during flash after complete to reboot it stuck to dead battery..after that no responce at all. i kept for charging but nothing change..when i pressed the volume+ power button just it notifies red led light.. its blank n dead ..plz help :confused:

trunkin

Aug 28, 2012
After leaving my precious Z resting for weeks (it's quite anoying having to charge it while bending it!) I decided to try this solution two days ago. In a first attempt only bending the contacts of the connector and failed. Then the next afternoon I solder a small wire between TH and the indicated point on the PCB. The battery is damn glued. I thought everything will brake apart.
Finally the Z is charging again. The fix worked. Hope it lasts.
Thanks for the tip!

quickstyler

Aug 5, 2009
one additional comment: If you solder to the battery make sure the solder drop is not too sharp or too big - keep it flat otherwise it will create a pressure point to the display

quickstyler

Aug 5, 2009
Possible fix for Z1

I don't know if someone is experiencing same issues with a Xperia Z1 but here is a picture of the Z1 PCB. It seems that the battery does not have any points where we can solder a direct connection to the PCB. The best thing I can imagine is that bending those golden connectors at the battery could fix the issue.

z1.jpg

Attachments

• z1.jpg
    z1.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 540

eucrys

Jun 8, 2017
Problem: Xperia Z is not charging, not turning on, false battery stats or stuck in an non-software-caused bootloop... sometimes It's caused by a broken battery connector on the mainboard

try swapping battery first!

Ok guys... I present you...

XPERIA Z BATTERY BUG ***HARDWARE FIX***

It's a cheap n' dirty fix! Use at your own risk - I don't care if your house burned down because of this... :silly:

STEP 1 - Remove the Backcover (see this youtube video how to do it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNrtamZuf7E)
STEP 2 - Remove the Battery (Be very carefull not to crack your display doing this...)
STEP 3 - Bend Battery Connector Pins

colkj8btdh7jtcgjn.jpg

STEP 4
- Get a very thin cable (eg. from a USB Cable you cut down) and a soldering iron
STEP 5 - Solder the cable to the battery pinpoint >> TH << and on to the testing pinpoint on the mainboard according to my images
colkm3iwt4g52x0oz.jpg

colkmg5o5053jm66b.jpg

Should look like this...

STEP 6 - Assemble everything together again and connect the phone to the original Sony Charger
STEP 7 - Wait 2-3h for the handset to be charged
STEP 8 *additional* - Boot up device and install Sony Mobile Battery Test from here: http://xdaforums.com/xperia-z/general/sony-mobile-battery-testing-app-version-t2527932 <--- (You can just take the .apk from the .rar file and install it)

STEP 9
SUCCESS! If your screen looks like this everything went fine:
colmfjhbr8bcsffer.jpg

colo1vact1w6qlsxv.jpg

Image of finished repair...I put some red plasti-dip around the fix-cable to isolate it

---
Notes:

Battery stats should be now OK - If not solder battery pinpoint EN to the PCB pinpoint behind (not under)

So what was the problem?

Sony's battery connector on the PCB is a cheap plastic sh*t... there are 6 connection points... 2 for +, 2 for -, 1 for temperature (TN - located middle top) and one EN ??? after some time the TN signal does not connect correctly causing this problem. you can't charge the battery and/or get false battery stats...if the battery is empty you can't boot anymore even with ac charger connected...

On my screenshot on top you see the battery temperature is 34° and green - OK - everything working fine

But without the fix you'lI get this:

colgfdp875u8lu7r7.jpg

Complete bull****...minus -30°...I'm not even close to Sibiria

So one step was to get rid of this fault... Since I got sometimes the right values (about + 30°C) when I was holding the connection between battery and pcb together with my fingers while device was on, I thought it is a problem with the connection.

The main problem on my two devices was that they didn't charge... When connected to AC -> bootloop ...

I got a fully charged battery and found this problem with the battery test app.. Fixing the battery connection to transmit correct temperature data made it possible to charge the battery fully again...battery stats are working and correct...I can now charge the devices as normal (in turned on or off state) ... i did buy new batterys but used the old ones for the fix and they work perfectly

TESTED ON TWO DEVICES WITH BOOTLOOP / NOT CHARGING and they are working FULLY again!!!!

Note if you open your device it may not be water resistant anymore...you can buy a new seal on ebay

If it worked for you please say thanks/like

thx 2 hunix for his software fix thread

I have problem with a Z5 premium E6853, won't charge in normal mode, won't connect to the PC don't make any sound in the pc, I tried all USB ports and others PC's, I put the phone in fastboot mode and the battery take charge, but won't connect to PC. Anyone can help me?

quickstyler

Aug 5, 2009
I have problem with a Z5 premium E6853, won't charge in normal mode, won't connect to the PC don't make any sound in the pc, I tried all USB ports and others PC's, I put the phone in fastboot mode and the battery take charge, but won't connect to PC. Anyone can help me?

For the 5 series I would think that the easiest solution is to swap out the whole USB port. Just google for "E6853 usb flex"

The flex cables seems to loosen them self or get damaged fast. You just might want to give a replacement a try. Costs approx. 6-10USD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTu8P49wO4s

Timtom4711

Jul 24, 2017
Problem with z5 compact - don't response anymore

Hello guys I have a similar problem my z5 compact. The phone doesn't response any more. Charging isn't working, neither on PC or on a charger. Trying do get to the fastboot mode or any other mode don't work.
Can you help me with pin I have to connect directly to the tn battery pin?
Bevor the phone dead it show me 20% battery life for a long time, but it works without any problems till yesterday.
I have a picture of the changing pins, but Unfortunately I can't upload a picture, why?

Lampetia

Feb 8, 2011
Ankara
Is it possible to operate the Xperia z Ultra without a battery? I use the phone on the car. I am afraid of the battery burst because of the temperature. Sorry about bad english.

hakansonn

Nov 27, 2014
I tried on my old beloved xperia z and worked like a charm, an old device but still i want it ready to use anytime. Only concerns about that cure, is it safe to use without any explosion etc. my knowledge about electronics are extremely poor and that causes me to scare and worry about that :D

Ahh and i almost forget to thank you quickstyler for this magical solve have a long and happy life man !

Last edited:

shahidaffan

Jun 19, 2014
Kolkata
I have same problem with my XZ like, when i plug it to charge it shows red led and no display (charging animation) and when i try to power it onn it blinks red 3 times??btw fastboot and flashmode are working Any way to fix it??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Problem: Xperia Z is not charging, not turning on, false battery stats or stuck in an non-software-caused bootloop... sometimes It's caused by a broken battery connector on the mainboard

try swapping battery first!

Ok guys... I present you...

XPERIA Z BATTERY BUG ***HARDWARE FIX***

It's a cheap n' dirty fix! Use at your own risk - I don't care if your house burned down because of this... :silly:

STEP 1 - Remove the Backcover (see this youtube video how to do it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNrtamZuf7E)
    STEP 2 - Remove the Battery (Be very carefull not to crack your display doing this...)
    STEP 3 - Bend Battery Connector Pins

colkj8btdh7jtcgjn.jpg

STEP 4
    - Get a very thin cable (eg. from a USB Cable you cut down) and a soldering iron
    STEP 5 - Solder the cable to the battery pinpoint >> TH << and on to the testing pinpoint on the mainboard according to my images
    colkm3iwt4g52x0oz.jpg

colkmg5o5053jm66b.jpg

Should look like this...

STEP 6 - Assemble everything together again and connect the phone to the original Sony Charger
    STEP 7 - Wait 2-3h for the handset to be charged
    STEP 8 *additional* - Boot up device and install Sony Mobile Battery Test from here: http://xdaforums.com/xperia-z/general/sony-mobile-battery-testing-app-version-t2527932 <--- (You can just take the .apk from the .rar file and install it)

STEP 9
    SUCCESS! If your screen looks like this everything went fine:
    colmfjhbr8bcsffer.jpg

colo1vact1w6qlsxv.jpg

Image of finished repair...I put some red plasti-dip around the fix-cable to isolate it

---
    Notes:

Battery stats should be now OK - If not solder battery pinpoint EN to the PCB pinpoint behind (not under)

So what was the problem?

Sony's battery connector on the PCB is a cheap plastic sh*t... there are 6 connection points... 2 for +, 2 for -, 1 for temperature (TN - located middle top) and one EN ??? after some time the TN signal does not connect correctly causing this problem. you can't charge the battery and/or get false battery stats...if the battery is empty you can't boot anymore even with ac charger connected...

On my screenshot on top you see the battery temperature is 34° and green - OK - everything working fine

But without the fix you'lI get this:

colgfdp875u8lu7r7.jpg

Complete bull****...minus -30°...I'm not even close to Sibiria

So one step was to get rid of this fault... Since I got sometimes the right values (about + 30°C) when I was holding the connection between battery and pcb together with my fingers while device was on, I thought it is a problem with the connection.

The main problem on my two devices was that they didn't charge... When connected to AC -> bootloop ...

I got a fully charged battery and found this problem with the battery test app.. Fixing the battery connection to transmit correct temperature data made it possible to charge the battery fully again...battery stats are working and correct...I can now charge the devices as normal (in turned on or off state) ... i did buy new batterys but used the old ones for the fix and they work perfectly

TESTED ON TWO DEVICES WITH BOOTLOOP / NOT CHARGING and they are working FULLY again!!!!

Note if you open your device it may not be water resistant anymore...you can buy a new seal on ebay

If it worked for you please say thanks/like

thx 2 hunix for his software fix thread
    This guy explains the whole battery temperature thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6mKd5_-abk#t=451
    That's hardware problem

view

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

view
    i have solving many times with this case on xperia device. this picture just taken from my xperia z1
    check red circle, thats resistor btemp, the capacity arround 47K ohm. fist check with avometer mode buzzer. if buzzing, the resistor was ok and check the capacity. should be 47K ohm or almost 47K. if the resistor died, you must change it. btemp resistor detect temperature charging .
    the yellow circle was BSI area. its connected wheter using micro usb chargir or magnetic charging. BSI also detect capacity charging.

if btemp resistor was ok, put the pcb. put off plastic charging connector protection.
    try to rehot it using blower with 400"C and air speed on 3 for a while, please use mechanical flux , re-hot on white circle area. ive used for 2-3 minutes.
    whoila , it fixing manytimes xperia case about thermal warning, charging fails or stuck charging. also work on other device even old nokia phone.

what is btemp / BSI? read this link, and translate it with your language.

by the way, im indonesian, if want asking me more, you can contact me on fmonhtc@gmail.com or whatsapp me on +628563343738 , i'll help as i can, bcz im not always online.

cheers,
    fa
    My problem is that my phone charges very slow and discharges very fast!
    When i turn off the phone, it stays hot/warm :(
    ####off topiC!

From where i get SONY MOBILE BATTERY TEST aPp?¿