2nd December 2014, 06:47 PM   |  #21  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 3,125

4,221 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklefish

Excuse me while I suppress a shudder at having a...a...stock phone..

That's not a bad idea. I'll download Emma, go back to you-know-what, and try taking it in tomorrow. Watch this space!

I was curious about using the Sale Of Goods Act. It's clearly not fit for purpose if it won't last the full length of the contract. It certainly wouldn't be the first Sony phone I've had that went wrong after a year.

And yet, I'll still get a Z4 when it comes out. I think I may be a fanboy...

I believe we also have a 2 year statutory warranty in the UK now. While flashing etc doesn't legally void your warranty, I find it best to not give a retailer any reason to try and deny you your rights.

My advice : Flash back to stock and if your bootloader is unlocked, relock and restore your TA partition if you can. Then take the phone in and ask for it to be repaired under warranty.

Good luck!

Sent from my C6603
7th December 2014, 12:23 PM   |  #22  
Recognized Themer
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 3,986

4,279 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingvortex

I believe we also have a 2 year statutory warranty in the UK now. While flashing etc doesn't legally void your warranty, I find it best to not give a retailer any reason to try and deny you your rights.

My advice : Flash back to stock and if your bootloader is unlocked, relock and restore your TA partition if you can. Then take the phone in and ask for it to be repaired under warranty.

Good luck!

Sent from my C6603

Just to update you, I took my phone down to Carphone Warehouse the other day and it's currently with Sony.

I couldn't flash it back to stock, I couldn't get it to stay in flash mode for long enough. So probably the USB port is dodgy as well as the battery. Hey ho..
7th December 2014, 12:58 PM   |  #23  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Nottingham

4,221 posts
More
Quote:

Just to update you, I took my phone down to Carphone Warehouse the other day and it's currently with Sony.

I couldn't flash it back to stock, I couldn't get it to stay in flash mode for long enough. So probably the USB port is dodgy as well as the battery. Hey ho..

Hopefully they will just repair it in warranty as it's clearly a hardware error not caused by anything software related. If not, push them to explain how software damaged the hardware. If they can't, then they must repair or replace it for free. Your local trading standards office will be able to advise.

Good luck.

Sent from my C6603
The Following User Says Thank You to kingvortex For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th December 2014, 01:02 PM   |  #24  
Recognized Themer
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 3,986

4,279 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingvortex

Hopefully they will just repair it in warranty as it's clearly a hardware error not caused by anything software related. If not, push them to explain how software damaged the hardware. If they can't, then they must repair or replace it for free. Your local trading standards office will be able to advise.

Good luck.

Sent from my C6603

Oh, I'm prepared to fight. I work in retail so I'm well-versed in the Sale Of Goods Act and all that. (And it also means I'm working right now....shhh...).

Fingers crossed!
7th December 2014, 01:04 PM   |  #25  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Nottingham

4,221 posts
More
Quote:

Oh, I'm prepared to fight. I work in retail so I'm well-versed in the Sale Of Goods Act and all that. (And it also means I'm working right now....shhh...).

Fingers crossed!

Haha! Get back to work!

Sent from my C6603
Last edited by kingvortex; 7th December 2014 at 01:07 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
xperia z battery bug, xperia z battery dead, xperia z charging problem, xperia z false battery stats, xperia z not charging
Previous Thread Next Thread