Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,583 Members 37,586 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HELP! Another broken screen dilema.

Tip us?

yesfan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default HELP! Another broken screen dilema.

I have an Xperia Z with a completely knackered screen, no display at all. Is there any way I can get the personal data off this phone? It has the pattern screen lock so the USB otg option is a no go. Can I restore without deleting the data?

The phone has taken a beating, the back and casing is also damaged so I couldn't guarantee changing the screen would work although it seems to function normally. Shuts down with power button and vol up with 3 vibrations and starts again ok, can access it via PC but not any of the data due to the lock screen.

What are the option for data recovery if the phone is dismantled to access the storage?

OsiBasi
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesfan View Post
I have an Xperia Z with a completely knackered screen, no display at all. Is there any way I can get the personal data off this phone? It has the pattern screen lock so the USB otg option is a no go. Can I restore without deleting the data?

The phone has taken a beating, the back and casing is also damaged so I couldn't guarantee changing the screen would work although it seems to function normally. Shuts down with power button and vol up with 3 vibrations and starts again ok, can access it via PC but not any of the data due to the lock screen.

What are the option for data recovery if the phone is dismantled to access the storage?
If you can access cwm, backup the phone with it, connect phone to a computer. Copy the backup to pc, and do system restore with pcc or sus.

Btw, wrong section
The Following User Says Thank You to OsiBasi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

yesfan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
No CWM

OsiBasi
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesfan View Post
No CWM
Well, that sucks. Try booting the device up normal and just install cwm, else just clear the phone....Data is just data.

indycar
Old
Thanks Meter 74
have you tried android explorer
its file manager for pc ad you can access phone memory

not sure if it will work but its worth a try
The Following User Says Thank You to indycar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]