Ask a question

No registration required

HELP! Another broken screen dilema.

OP yesfan

11th March 2014, 09:39 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
I have an Xperia Z with a completely knackered screen, no display at all. Is there any way I can get the personal data off this phone? It has the pattern screen lock so the USB otg option is a no go. Can I restore without deleting the data?

The phone has taken a beating, the back and casing is also damaged so I couldn't guarantee changing the screen would work although it seems to function normally. Shuts down with power button and vol up with 3 vibrations and starts again ok, can access it via PC but not any of the data due to the lock screen.

What are the option for data recovery if the phone is dismantled to access the storage?
12th March 2014, 02:21 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 48

276 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesfan

I have an Xperia Z with a completely knackered screen, no display at all. Is there any way I can get the personal data off this phone? It has the pattern screen lock so the USB otg option is a no go. Can I restore without deleting the data?

The phone has taken a beating, the back and casing is also damaged so I couldn't guarantee changing the screen would work although it seems to function normally. Shuts down with power button and vol up with 3 vibrations and starts again ok, can access it via PC but not any of the data due to the lock screen.

What are the option for data recovery if the phone is dismantled to access the storage?

If you can access cwm, backup the phone with it, connect phone to a computer. Copy the backup to pc, and do system restore with pcc or sus.

Btw, wrong section
The Following User Says Thank You to OsiBasi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th March 2014, 09:41 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
No CWM
12th March 2014, 01:28 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 48

276 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesfan

No CWM

Well, that sucks. Try booting the device up normal and just install cwm, else just clear the phone....Data is just data.
13th March 2014, 12:37 AM   |  #5  
Flag Bohinjska Bela
Thanks Meter: 75

521 posts
More
have you tried android explorer
its file manager for pc ad you can access phone memory

not sure if it will work but its worth a try
The Following User Says Thank You to indycar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread