[Q] Help with mobile data

Tip us?

tyler_btboy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy [Q] Help with mobile data

Hello everyone,

So recently, on a trip to my home in India my sister requested that we exchange phones. I gave her my HTC phone and took her Xperia Z. Now I'm back in Dubai and I noticed that the carrier internet is not working on the phone and I'm relying on wifi all the time. I've had experience with rooting and custom roms with my previous HTC and Samsung devices but rooting, unblocking bootloaders for sony was new to me. Anyway, I unblocked my bootloader and rooted the phone yesterday. I installed a custom Stock 10.4.B.0.569 rom by drummerjed this morning hoping to solve the issue. Everything works, except mobile internet. I'm thinking of installing cyanfox rom next to see if anything changes. Kind XDA members, please advice me if I can flash cyanfox (cm based rom) on top of a stock based rom?? Also other solutions for the mobile internet problem are welcome. Should I be flashing different basebands (radios) instead of roms? Do different roms come with different basebands? I do not have a preference for the different kinds of roms available. Just want everything working on the phone. Thanks.

kingvortex
Old
Thanks Meter 2,300
Have you tried downloading the internet settings?
Settings -> Wireless and networks -> More... -> Internet settings.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk