5,596,179 Members 33,858 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help, phone not turning on or connecting to PC

Tip us?

San-J
Old
(Last edited by San-J; 14th December 2013 at 09:04 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Help, phone not turning on or connecting to PC

Hey, Newbie here

So long story short, I water damaged my Xperia Z, bought a second hand one with a cracked screen and switched the main board into the water damaged phone.

Now the problem is that the charging light comes on when it's on charge but it's a dull red. When I take the phone off the charger the LED stays on. I've tried the Down+power button reset but it only makes the light blink a few times. I tried connecting it to PC companion but the computer won't read the device but the LED turns bright and the computer indicates there's a device attached (for about a second then disappears) which isn't recognizable.

I'm all out of ideas. What is the problem and what can I try to fix it?

Thanks

gripfly
Old
Thanks Meter 176

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by San-J View Post
Hey, Newbie here

So long story short, I water damaged my Xperia Z, bought a second hand one with a cracked screen and switched the main board into the water damaged phone.

Now the problem is that the charging light comes on when it's on charge but it's a dull red. When I take the phone off the charger the LED stays on. I've tried the Down+power button reset but it only makes the light blink a few times. I tried connecting it to PC companion but the computer won't read the device but the LED turns bright and the computer indicates there's a device attached (for about a second then disappears) which isn't recognizable.

I'm all out of ideas. What is the problem and what can I try to fix it?

Thanks
I don't know, but reset is: power and volume up..
CORRECT ME IF I MAKE MISTAKES, I WANNA LEARN THIS LANGUAGE AND IF YOU CAN HELP ME I WILL BE THANKFUL!

thanks

San-J
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gripfly View Post
I don't know, but reset is: power and volume up..
Sorry I meant up instead of down haha

davidtkf88
Old
Thanks Meter 16
dull red charging light mean the battery is really dry..try connect your charger until the light change, sometime it takes several hour for the battery to get charge again after it been dry for too long..also why you don't change the battery altogether with your motherboard? maybe your original battery still functional...