[Q] [HELP PLEASE] xperia z fuzzy screen display in high detail

Search This thread

steparker1991

Jan 4, 2015
hi i think it may be a issue with bravia engine 2 on my xperia z device basically i did have a custom rom on it and that made me lose bravia but i have recently unrooted, relocked the boot-loader and flashed the stock firmware back onto the device using (emma/flashtool)-official sony flashtool it is back to fully stock no modifications at all

But some images on my device especially the high in detail images are shown blurry almost asif the pixels are moving it is also blurry on high detailed games such as clash of clans (a game i play a lot)

in settings bravia engine 2 is ticked as on but the image quality is still really poor to what it use to be
i hope someone can help me as this is really bothering me

i have also updated all the software on the device using Sony PC Companion 2.1 (still no improvements)

thanks for any help

LaurynasVP

Mar 11, 2014
Lithuania
hi i think it may be a issue with bravia engine 2 on my xperia z device basically i did have a custom rom on it and that made me lose bravia but i have recently unrooted, relocked the boot-loader and flashed the stock firmware back onto the device using (emma/flashtool)-official sony flashtool it is back to fully stock no modifications at all

But some images on my device especially the high in detail images are shown blurry almost asif the pixels are moving it is also blurry on high detailed games such as clash of clans (a game i play a lot)

in settings bravia engine 2 is ticked as on but the image quality is still really poor to what it use to be

i have also updated all the software on the device using Sony PC Companion 2.1 (still no improvements)

thanks for any help
Hi, I think that before you have unlocked your phone bootloader you haven't took TA Partition backup, therefore when you've relocked and reverted to STOCK you see a little bit blured (or something like that) photos.

Why to take TA-Partition backup is very important? Because in it are stored all your unique DRM keys, which were erased permanently when you've unlocked your bootloader.

I'm sorry to tell you, but for the reason you haven't read the forums for information about your phone (roms,uncloking bootloader etc.,) you will have that effect forever, without any exceptions.
Now, without DRM keys you will not be able to use "Clear Audio+" and other Sony's apps.
You can't send your phone to warranty either, because you've void your warranty by unlocking BL.
Relocking your BL doesn't change the situation at all, 'cause your system shows that DRM keys are erased :
*#*#7378423*#*# (I think), --> Settings --> Test --> System Info (or sth., I don't remember correctly). There should be shown information like this:
Blablablabla*** [ERROR][ACTIVE]

Error means that your DRM keys are erased.

EDIT: Oh, almost forgot. If I'm correct with your situation and you really have deleted DRM keys, DON'T even think about taking any other TA-Partition and pushing it to your phone, unless you want to have non-usable brick, for whatever it could be used for.

I mean you would permanently BRICK your phone, "WITHOUT WAY TO GET BACK".

Think I helped you out

Last edited:
Reactions: steparker1991

steparker1991

Jan 4, 2015
Hi, I think that before you have unlocked your phone bootloader you haven't took TA Partition backup, therefore when you've relocked and reverted to STOCK you see a little bit blured (or something like that) photos.

Why to take TA-Partition backup is very important? Because in it are stored all your unique DRM keys, which were erased permanently when you've unlocked your bootloader.

I'm sorry to tell you, but for the reason you haven't read the forums for information about your phone (roms,uncloking bootloader etc.,) you will have that effect forever, without any exceptions.
Now, without DRM keys you will not be able to use "Clear Audio+" and other Sony's apps.
You can't send your phone to warranty either, because you've void your warranty by unlocking BL.
Relocking your BL doesn't change the situation at all, 'cause your system shows that DRM keys are erased :
*#*#7378423*#*# (I think), --> Settings --> Test --> System Info (or sth., I don't remember correctly). There should be shown information like this:

Think I helped you out

thanks for your reply yeah i read something about it being the DRM keys is there not some kind of MOD or anything i can do to bravia engine to fix it or is it game over lol also i dont have warranty with sony for the device as i bought the phone a little over 2 weeks ago from a second hand store but they did give me 18 months warranty on the device so as the device is second hand i may be able to say it was already like this when i revived it hehe
but hopefully it dont come to needing to do this

id also like to add that the screen is only blurry/fuzzy in high detailed stuff otherwise its nice and smooth looking

Last edited:

LaurynasVP

Mar 11, 2014
Lithuania
thanks for your reply yeah i read something about it being the DRM keys is there not some kind of MOD or anything i can do to bravia engine to fix it or is it game over lol also i dont have warranty with sony for the device as i bought the phone a little over 2 weeks ago from a second hand store but they did give me 18 months warranty on the device so as the device is second hand i may be able to say it was already like this when i revived it hehe

id also like to add that the screen is only blurry/fuzzy in high detailed stuff otherwise its nice and smooth looking
Yeah, you can give a try to trick them.
But I've seen somewhere on this forum method to make it work (I'm talking about BE2/X-Reality/Clear Audio+/and etc), but it needs phone to be rooted.
You can search, maybe you will find it

Reactions: steparker1991

steparker1991

Jan 4, 2015
But I've seen somewhere on this forum method to make it work (I'm talking about BE2/X-Reality/Clear Audio+/and etc), but it needs phone to be rooted.

thanks bud you have been very helpful lot more helpful than Sony live chat lol
ill give that BE2/x-reality thing a go with root and if that dont help ill just try claim it on the second hand store warranty lol

thanks again

DastanShaikh

Feb 7, 2013

thanks for any help
It may be due to Bravia Engine2 but I think it's Not cause BE2 gives only extra details to image quality...but it does not mean that if u not enable it u see blurry images...
And the last thing BE2 works only in Album and Movies App... Not in other apps and games... :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

thanks for any help

EDIT: Oh, almost forgot. If I'm correct with your situation and you really have deleted DRM keys, DON'T even think about taking any other TA-Partition and pushing it to your phone, unless you want to have non-usable brick, for whatever it could be used for.

I mean you would permanently BRICK your phone, "WITHOUT WAY TO GET BACK".

Think I helped you out