Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,962 Members 40,380 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] can someone help me stop heavy post processing?

Tip us?

mrdalesen
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] can someone help me stop heavy post processing?

I have a sony xperia Z C6603 and I absolutely hate something about the phone. Before i take pictures it looks great (amazing even) as i take the photo the picture is perfect, then after a second it processes it so much i look more like an alien from outer space than a human being. Not only this but the files are also ridiculously small compare to all other phones. I've downloaded the FV-5 app and it's great, but my photos from my front camera stll lokks like horse s***. i do not want other setting configurations, because nothing fixes it... Has anybody made a fix for this via rooting or whatever? i've searched all over the internet after a solution , but can't seem to find one. One of you geniuses must have a solution, right? (have the 4.3 android version and 10.4.B.0.569 build number).

indycar
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Not yet. People have tried.many things but.no luck so far. At least Sony finally updated the camera app which was the same since x1 was released

Indy@Xperia Z

mrdalesen
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by indycar View Post
Not yet. People have tried.many things but.no luck so far. At least Sony finally updated the camera app which was the same since x1 was released

Indy@Xperia Z
geez.... Yah... my photos did not get better at all, haha. If they could just change the format to JPG or whatever (know that is big files) that would be fantastic, but nooo.... (now referring to sony and not XDA-developers) Great phone, TERRIBLE photo software.

chefnoob
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdalesen View Post
I have a sony xperia Z C6603 and I absolutely hate something about the phone. Before i take pictures it looks great (amazing even) as i take the photo the picture is perfect, then after a second it processes it so much i look more like an alien from outer space than a human being. Not only this but the files are also ridiculously small compare to all other phones. I've downloaded the FV-5 app and it's great, but my photos from my front camera stll lokks like horse s***. i do not want other setting configurations, because nothing fixes it... Has anybody made a fix for this via rooting or whatever? i've searched all over the internet after a solution , but can't seem to find one. One of you geniuses must have a solution, right? (have the 4.3 android version and 10.4.B.0.569 build number).
Yes, Sony's post processing is ****.
Unfortunately, there is no solution as of yet.

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app
Xperia Z, Xperia V, Xperia S, Xperia Neo V...(Yes, I already accepted the fact that Im a Sony fanboi)

Hellscythe
Old
Thanks Meter 430
if you have extensive knowledge with camera settings you could try using manual mode and set everything yourself.

mrdalesen
Old
(Last edited by mrdalesen; 14th February 2014 at 07:57 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzy1912 View Post
if you have extensive knowledge with camera settings you could try using manual mode and set everything yourself.
That does not help with the secondary camera, it's bad quality no matter what I do.
My girlfriend has a Iphone 5 which deinitely takes better pictures than mine, I think you all agree that this is unacceptable, we must stand together and crush the underpowered Iphone with the wrath of our mighty hardware and fixed software!

Hellscythe
Old
Thanks Meter 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdalesen View Post
That does not help with the secondary camera, it's bad quality no matter what I do.
My girlfriend has a Iphone 5 which deinitely takes better pictures than mine, I think you all agree that this is unacceptable, we must stand together and crush the underpowered Iphone with the wrath of our mighty hardware and fixed software!
we can see it two ways
the camera hardware sucks and we can't do anything about it
or the camera software sucks and we have to wait for sony to update their binaries and libraries and other stuff. which we also cannot do anything about.

Mijiwo
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I agree...when I first looked at myself trough the front camera I thought if I brought a renovated phone with a broken camera...

mrdalesen
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mijiwo View Post
I agree...when I first looked at myself trough the front camera I thought if I brought a renovated phone with a broken camera...
Yup, such a waste, it's such a great phone

MARKOZD15
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Hello!

I have installed AOKP 4.3 ROM on my Xperia Z. When I need to take a fast picture, I just use auto ISO/Exposure...

When I wanna get better picture in low light, I just use a little bit tweaking In low light, when I'm taking picture of some close object, I just put ISO on 100/200 (max), use flash and that's it! When I'm taking picture a little bit further (3/4 meters), I use 200/400 ISO, and use flash if I can (very big con of our device is bad flash). When I'm doing night portrait, just put ISO on 400 and turn on HDR, photos will look awsome believe me

Tonight I could upload some pictures from my Z, just to give you some clue.

P.S. When you're using front camera, turn on HDR you will get a much better photo quality