Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,266 Members 41,595 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bootloader help.

Tip us?

zakkkkk
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default Bootloader help.

Can someone help me please.

Why does it say no? The phone was originally locked to o2 uk when bought but i have since then sim unlocked it to all networks and im now using it on 3. My question is who do i contact to to be able to make my bootloader unlockable? And ive seen on another thread where a users status has changed from no to yes so please help. Thanks

St.Jimmy90
Old
Thanks Meter 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by zakkkkk View Post
Can someone help me please.

Why does it say no? The phone was originally locked to o2 uk when bought but i have since then sim unlocked it to all networks and im now using it on 3. My question is who do i contact to to be able to make my bootloader unlockable? And ive seen on another thread where a users status has changed from no to yes so please help. Thanks
You can't do anything, your bootloader is NOT unlockable. You have to live with it.
Btw, this has been asked so many times before, next time please use the search function. Thanks!
"We're here for a good time, not a long time" - Colin McRae
You can't control the wind, but you can set your sails

zakkkkk
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Jimmy90 View Post
You can't do anything, your bootloader is NOT unlockable. You have to live with it.
Btw, this has been asked so many times before, next time please use the search function. Thanks!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...eless-t1675718
So how did this happen?

St.Jimmy90
Old
Thanks Meter 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by zakkkkk View Post
Your case is different, in that case you linked to the bootloader unlock was allowed after the sim unlock. Yours is still showing "no". There is no way for you to unlock it.
"We're here for a good time, not a long time" - Colin McRae
You can't control the wind, but you can set your sails

dragonnn
Old
Thanks Meter 859
You could send it to Sony service and pay for unlocking it, I heard about some guys that did it this way, they paid ~25$.

Wysłane z mojego C6603 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Sorry for my bad English.

kingvortex
Old
Thanks Meter 1875
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonnn View Post
You could send it to Sony service and pay for unlocking it, I heard about some guys that did it this way, they paid ~25$.

Sony definitely won't unlock the bootloader. They will just refer him back to his network provider, who can't unlock it themselves and wouldn't if they could.

The networks don't want you to run custom roms as they don't really understand them and don't want anything that will cause possible problems for them (running software not certified by them for a start).

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

dragonnn
Old
Thanks Meter 859
In PL they service unlocked it when you give them good arguments for example you need for your work Linux chroot on your phone

Sorry for my bad English.

kingvortex
Old
Thanks Meter 1875
Have you got any proof of this? If it was just a matter of sending it to Sony to unlock, then there wouldn't be so many people complaining about non-unlockable bootloaders.

I can 100% say that Sony UK will not unlock the bootloader in this or any case.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk