Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,556 Members 44,900 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Xperia Z bootloop CWM

Tip us?

GasperP
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Xperia Z bootloop CWM

Hi everyone!

Today I unlocked bootloader and root Xperia Z. Then I want to flash CWM recovery. But now is cellphone in bootloop and I don't know what to do. Sony logo is flashing now for about 10 minutes.

For ROOT I used Kingo Android ROOT program.
For unlocking bootloader i was using this page: http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/instructions

And when I type in phone this number *#*#7378423#*#*, the phone says the bootloader is unlocked.
But when I want to flash CWM from this page: http://editandroid.blogspot.com/2013...covery-in.html
all stopped in bootloop.

What I have to do?

kingvortex
Old
Thanks Meter 2,278
This is what happens when outside websites copy work/guides from XDA and directly link to files without explaining what they are.

The kernel with CWM recovery linked to in the guide you followed is for a specific (very old) firmware version. That is most probably the reason for your bootloop.

Get the correct kernel for your current firmware version here and follow the instructions to flash it via fastboot.

In future, I suggest you search for and follow guides from XDA only, as guides on other websites almost certainly originated here anyway and are kept up to date only on XDA.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to kingvortex For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GasperP
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingvortex View Post
This is what happens when outside websites copy work/guides from XDA and directly link to files without explaining what they are.

The kernel with CWM recovery linked to in the guide you followed is for a specific (very old) firmware version. That is most probably the reason for your bootloop.

Get the correct kernel for your current firmware version here and follow the instructions to flash it via fastboot.

In future, I suggest you search for and follow guides from XDA only, as guides on other websites almost certainly originated here anyway and are kept up to date only on XDA.

Made it now. All works, now I am runnig SlimKat.

Thanks a lot!

kingvortex
Old
Thanks Meter 2,278
You're welcome.