[HELP THREAD] Xperia Z | Ask any question | Noob friendly

Search This thread

Maha23

Jul 2, 2013
Ok, I got into a bit of trouble :) Here is what I did, I followed the instructions on this site http://www.android.gs/root-unlock-bootloader-install-twrp-recovery-xperia-z/ except for the first step, I was able to root my phones using the kingroot app, I then proceeded to unlock the bootloader succesfully and the flashed twrp. Now Im stuck in a boot loop! I can access the twrp, I tried wiping data, cache and factory reset but my phone is still in a boot loop. Does anyone have any idea how to solve all of this? Thanks.

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
Ok, I got into a bit of trouble :) Here is what I did, I followed the instructions on this site http://www.android.gs/root-unlock-bootloader-install-twrp-recovery-xperia-z/ except for the first step, I was able to root my phones using the kingroot app, I then proceeded to unlock the bootloader succesfully and the flashed twrp. Now Im stuck in a boot loop! I can access the twrp, I tried wiping data, cache and factory reset but my phone is still in a boot loop. Does anyone have any idea how to solve all of this? Thanks.
You flashed a boot.img meant for an older firmware, so your phone won't boot.

Download Advanced 10.6.A.0.454 kernel by shoey63 and flash it via fastboot to get your phone booting again.

Reactions: Maha23

Lamine Quiet

Jun 26, 2015
help please :'(

hi , thanks for this topic .
i have a Xperia Z smartphone (c6603) with 4.4.4 kitkat android , i rooted it and i install TRWP and i install this Rom (AOKP ROM for Xperia Z which is for 4.3 or something ) on it forgetting that it doesn't fit on my phone :( .
Now my phone is like a dead ; it won't boot up and the screen is black .
please any help & thank you

Lamine Quiet

Jun 26, 2015
hi , thanks for this topic .
i have a Xperia Z smartphone (c6603) with 4.4.4 kitkat android , i rooted it and i install TRWP and i install this Rom (AOKP ROM for Xperia Z which is for 4.3 or something ) on it forgetting that it doesn't fit on my phone :( .
Now my phone is like a dead ; it won't boot up and the screen is black .
please any help & thank you

I fix it using Sony PC Companion ; but I still do have the same problem of camera , very poor quality according to 13 MP and from Sony !! is there any thing I can do to Improve it
I am using kitkat version 4.4.4 of android with kernel 3.4.0 and a build number 10.5.1.A.0.292

thanks a lot

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
hi, anybody here? i need help, i follow this tutorial to flash recovery, im on stock android L 5.0.2 http://xdaforums.com/xper...2182112/page12 but after installation my phone just boot on sony logo fisrt led red then purple led then screen off and then again....
You flashed a boot.img for an older firmware. You can't do that.

Flash Advanced 10.6.A.0.454 kernel by shoey63 to make your phone boot again and gain a custom recovery in the process.

Reactions: Jocantonio

swhatevers

Jan 24, 2013
Upgrading to Lollipop

Hello

Both my sister and cousin have an Xperia Z (C6603). My sister received the Lollipop OTA about a month ago and all went smooth no fuss (her Z is stock ROM, locked bootloader). My cousin however has the commercial and journalist Kitkat ROM (which I flashed about a year ago because she was locked out of the phone with no chance of bypassing the lockscreen) (her Z is Commercial & Journalist, locked bootloader).

So...
Does the Commercial & Journalist receive OTAs or not?
If not can I flash the (C6603_10.6.A.0.454_Customized MEA.ftf) from here: http://xdaforums.com/xperia-z/general/ftf-10-6-0-454-customized-t3114078
(MEA stands for Middle East Africa correct?)

Thanks.

XxLordxX

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2011
Campinas
Hello

Both my sister and cousin have an Xperia Z (C6603). My sister received the Lollipop OTA about a month ago and all went smooth no fuss (her Z is stock ROM, locked bootloader). My cousin however has the commercial and journalist Kitkat ROM (which I flashed about a year ago because she was locked out of the phone with no chance of bypassing the lockscreen) (her Z is Commercial & Journalist, locked bootloader).

So...
Does the Commercial & Journalist receive OTAs or not?
If not can I flash the (C6603_10.6.A.0.454_Customized MEA.ftf) from here: http://xdaforums.com/xperia-z/general/ftf-10-6-0-454-customized-t3114078
(MEA stands for Middle East Africa correct?)

Thanks.

Hi,

"The leaked updates are marked as "Commercial & Journalists" releases, meaning they're not necessarily intended for retail devices". (Android Central)

I believe given that C&J are leaked updates, your cousin won't be able to receive OTAs, so I suggest you indeed flashing an update using either PC Companion (which I'm not sure if will work, but it's worth a try) or Flashtool (if you know the firmware you need). The link you posted may be a good one to flash using Flashtool ;).

All the best,
~Lord

Reactions: swhatevers

Lennyrrr

Jul 10, 2015
I have superuser but not rooted!

Hello,guys.I have superuser app as a system app in my xperia z c6603,android 5.0.2
and I don't know have.I bought the phone from another person and I don't know if he rooted it or no.but I think he rooted incomplete.because of the pictures that I attached.
I tried to root with Vroot,kingroot,iroot and some others many times,but doesn't work.
I don't know what to do now.help me please.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-10-14-02-30.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-07-10-14-02-30.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 79
  • Screenshot_2015-07-10-14-02-23.png
    Screenshot_2015-07-10-14-02-23.png
    140.4 KB · Views: 78
  • Screenshot_2015-07-10-14-02-45.png
    Screenshot_2015-07-10-14-02-45.png
    237.5 KB · Views: 79
  • Screenshot_2015-07-10-14-01-57.png
    Screenshot_2015-07-10-14-01-57.png
    230.6 KB · Views: 81

XxLordxX

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2011
Campinas
Hello,guys.I have superuser app as a system app in my xperia z c6603,android 5.0.2
and I don't know have.I bought the phone from another person and I don't know if he rooted it or no.but I think he rooted incomplete.because of the pictures that I attached.
I tried to root with Vroot,kingroot,iroot and some others many times,but doesn't work.
I don't know what to do now.help me please.
I really need to to root my device to restore my data from titanium backup.

Hi,

Check this thread ;)
http://xdaforums.com/xperia-z/general/guide-how-to-root-xperia-z-android-5-0-t3151618

All the best,
~Lord

zakkkkk

Nov 11, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Guys i need help. Some weird things have been happening to my xperia c6603. Firstly it was working perfectly until once the battery went dead and wouldnt charge at all and red led would just blink 3 times. I tried several chargers but still no use. Until i tried the dock charger (the two metal pins) and it started charging! But now the problem is the phone turns on makes sound and everything But problem is the screen is black. The phone is powered on and i can tell its registering my touches but the screen lights up but it stays black. How could i fix is?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

BluBoy87

Dec 12, 2013
lahore
Xpperia Z bootloader not unlocking

Hi

I had tried several times to unlock boot-loader of my Xperia Z C6603. Changed fastboot driver, IMEI remove one digit for unlocking key from Sony developer website. But when i unlock device in command prompt. it says :

C:\Users\Lenovo\Desktop\fastboot>fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xEA0E3A0975A9FE8F
OKAY [ 0.194s]
finished. total time: 0.194s

C:\Users\Lenovo\Desktop\fastboot>fastboot reboot
rebooting...

finished. total time: 0.001s

It reboots , then format it self, turned in, and when recheck boot-loader status, it shows

"Bootloader unlock allowed: Yes"
:crying::crying:

instead of bootloader unlocked.!!!

What to do? I would like to mention that i am currently on Firmware: 10.6.A.0.454

Please help:confused:

Top Liked Posts