Help! Unable to flash ftf

OP Cavalry88

13th April 2014, 07:31 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

43 posts
More
So I got updated to .101 firmware when my phone returned from repairs from the Sony centre. However, I'm unable to flash the .67 ftf in flashtool to downgrade and obtain root :/ It simply says that my phone is connected in flashmode and nothing happens after that, followed by disconnecting my device after a short while. I'm unable to flash the flashable zip in recovery due to some error to try and upgrade from the .434 firmware where I actually get root. Now I'm stuck on .101 firmware and I can't get root since I'm still using a locked bootloader
13th April 2014, 11:34 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Themer
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 7,825

4,147 posts
Donate to Me
More
Originally Posted by Cavalry88

So I got updated to .101 firmware when my phone returned from repairs from the Sony centre. However, I'm unable to flash the .67 ftf in flashtool to downgrade and obtain root :/ It simply says that my phone is connected in flashmode and nothing happens after that, followed by disconnecting my device after a short while. I'm unable to flash the flashable zip in recovery due to some error to try and upgrade from the .434 firmware where I actually get root. Now I'm stuck on .101 firmware and I can't get root since I'm still using a locked bootloader

well it should work properly,i also flash the .67 ftf & root it then flash a pre-rooted ROM.

show the screenshot of the flashtool errors.
13th April 2014, 03:54 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

43 posts
More
There aren't even any errors, it just says device in flashmode and nothing happens after that :/

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app
13th April 2014, 04:19 PM   |  #4  
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 2,592

3,659 posts
More
Select the FTF you want to flash and only connect your device in flashmode when prompted. A flash has never failed for me that way.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
14th April 2014, 05:36 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

43 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingvortex

Select the FTF you want to flash and only connect your device in flashmode when prompted. A flash has never failed for me that way.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Yes that's what I do always but ever since my phone came back from repairs, it's been like that. Flashing the .434 ftf works perfectly fine though.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread