Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,466 Members 50,516 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help! Unable to flash ftf

Tip us?

Cavalry88
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Help! Unable to flash ftf

So I got updated to .101 firmware when my phone returned from repairs from the Sony centre. However, I'm unable to flash the .67 ftf in flashtool to downgrade and obtain root :/ It simply says that my phone is connected in flashmode and nothing happens after that, followed by disconnecting my device after a short while. I'm unable to flash the flashable zip in recovery due to some error to try and upgrade from the .434 firmware where I actually get root. Now I'm stuck on .101 firmware and I can't get root since I'm still using a locked bootloader

Ben Ling
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 7,201

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry88 View Post
So I got updated to .101 firmware when my phone returned from repairs from the Sony centre. However, I'm unable to flash the .67 ftf in flashtool to downgrade and obtain root :/ It simply says that my phone is connected in flashmode and nothing happens after that, followed by disconnecting my device after a short while. I'm unable to flash the flashable zip in recovery due to some error to try and upgrade from the .434 firmware where I actually get root. Now I'm stuck on .101 firmware and I can't get root since I'm still using a locked bootloader
well it should work properly,i also flash the .67 ftf & root it then flash a pre-rooted ROM.

show the screenshot of the flashtool errors.

Like My Work ? Donate To Me So That I Can Contribute To More Devices
Always Hit Thanks If You Like My Work

Cavalry88
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
There aren't even any errors, it just says device in flashmode and nothing happens after that :/

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app

kingvortex
Old
Thanks Meter 2,284
Select the FTF you want to flash and only connect your device in flashmode when prompted. A flash has never failed for me that way.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Cavalry88
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingvortex View Post
Select the FTF you want to flash and only connect your device in flashmode when prompted. A flash has never failed for me that way.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
Yes that's what I do always but ever since my phone came back from repairs, it's been like that. Flashing the .434 ftf works perfectly fine though.