Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,576 Members 37,703 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HELP] Xperia Z T-Mobile to KitKat

Tip us?

Rafael720
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [HELP] Xperia Z T-Mobile to KitKat

Hi, I have a xperia z T-Moble (c6606) , but im living in mexico, its sim unlocked, and i want to upgrade it to 4.4 kitkat, i have tried to upgrade it via OTA and PC Companion, but the upgrade dont appear, i thought upgrading via flashtool but, i dont know what rom can i use, could someone give me a hand with it? thank you

i have found this one, but i dont know if it works for my device and my location

http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...ading-t2758684

iDroid8
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Ask in the thread, or in Q&A, don't clog up the general with these simple question threads. But yes, follow the tutorials (Pro-tip: Use the search function! It's super useful!) for flashtool and flash any ftf from any region, some have different apps pre-installed etc. you can use them from any region. I bought a UK sim-free Xperia Z and I've flashed Taiwanese, German and Belgian ftf's.
Sony Xperia Z - 4.4.2 rooted, de-odexed, zipaligned

Dhickory
Old
Thanks Meter 37
No harm in trying, just make backup before. I'm on c6606 but in US and have always flashed UK or EU branded and they worked fine I just had to input my APNs for cell coverage.

Sent from my mobile

Pablosch23
Old
Thanks Meter 171

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafael720 View Post
Hi, I have a xperia z T-Moble (c6606) , but im living in mexico, its sim unlocked, and i want to upgrade it to 4.4 kitkat, i have tried to upgrade it via OTA and PC Companion, but the upgrade dont appear, i thought upgrading via flashtool but, i dont know what rom can i use, could someone give me a hand with it? thank you

i have found this one, but i dont know if it works for my device and my location

http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...ading-t2758684
Pm me so i can tell you what to do in spanish

deerhurst
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I called t mobile US today. They have me the run around of we are testing it. Then the lay just stopped talking after I said most other TMo around the world have released it as had the generic US. The lay wouldn't give me an ETA. Then she didn't want to talk to me when I mentioned they missed several 4.3 versions.

All in all, I wouldn't wait on them. Wait for a pre rooted on here and go for it.

Sent from my C6606 using Tapatalk
Asus Transformer TF101 4.4.3 KatKiss ROM
Sony Xperia Z C6606 Android 4.4.2 Stock ROOTED
Malibal P150HM1
-Win 7 Pro
-8GB RAM
-i7 2630QM
-GTX560m

christianfgs
Old
Thanks Meter 7
C6006 user here. From experience, there's not much difference between C6606 and C6603 firmware beside the band and customization.

Download the lastest FTF, make sure its for C6603, and flash.
As a precaution, tick "Baseband" when flashing.

knmartin
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I think you should try Canadian Bell?

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app