Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[HELP] Xperia Z T-Mobile to KitKat

OP Rafael720

21st May 2014, 09:11 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hi, I have a xperia z T-Moble (c6606) , but im living in mexico, its sim unlocked, and i want to upgrade it to 4.4 kitkat, i have tried to upgrade it via OTA and PC Companion, but the upgrade dont appear, i thought upgrading via flashtool but, i dont know what rom can i use, could someone give me a hand with it? thank you

i have found this one, but i dont know if it works for my device and my location

http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...ading-t2758684
21st May 2014, 09:24 PM   |  #2  
Flag Bournemouth
Thanks Meter: 46

250 posts
Ask in the thread, or in Q&A, don't clog up the general with these simple question threads. But yes, follow the tutorials (Pro-tip: Use the search function! It's super useful!) for flashtool and flash any ftf from any region, some have different apps pre-installed etc. you can use them from any region. I bought a UK sim-free Xperia Z and I've flashed Taiwanese, German and Belgian ftf's.
21st May 2014, 09:25 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 53

174 posts
More
No harm in trying, just make backup before. I'm on c6606 but in US and have always flashed UK or EU branded and they worked fine I just had to input my APNs for cell coverage.

Sent from my mobile
22nd May 2014, 01:52 AM   |  #4  
Flag Tuc
Thanks Meter: 207

223 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafael720

Hi, I have a xperia z T-Moble (c6606) , but im living in mexico, its sim unlocked, and i want to upgrade it to 4.4 kitkat, i have tried to upgrade it via OTA and PC Companion, but the upgrade dont appear, i thought upgrading via flashtool but, i dont know what rom can i use, could someone give me a hand with it? thank you

i have found this one, but i dont know if it works for my device and my location

http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...ading-t2758684

Pm me so i can tell you what to do in spanish
22nd May 2014, 02:36 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 11

157 posts
More
I called t mobile US today. They have me the run around of we are testing it. Then the lay just stopped talking after I said most other TMo around the world have released it as had the generic US. The lay wouldn't give me an ETA. Then she didn't want to talk to me when I mentioned they missed several 4.3 versions.

All in all, I wouldn't wait on them. Wait for a pre rooted on here and go for it.

Sent from my C6606 using Tapatalk
23rd May 2014, 02:39 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 7

41 posts
More
C6006 user here. From experience, there's not much difference between C6606 and C6603 firmware beside the band and customization.

Download the lastest FTF, make sure its for C6603, and flash.
As a precaution, tick "Baseband" when flashing.
23rd May 2014, 03:36 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 4

5 posts
I think you should try Canadian Bell?

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread