Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

[Q] How hot is too hot?

7th May 2014, 06:04 PM   |  #11  
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 86

143 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidfreak70

[/COLOR]woaa. 56 degree? Your phone is burning bro. If i play asphalt 8 on max graphic the phone temp goes to 41- 43 as maximum to me.[COLOR="Silver"]

Then I must say your unit got a real cool mind :P, well your unit produce reasonable heat which is very good. But for S4 Pro CPU, 55-56 degree is not the temperature to worry about. Even my Optimus G also heats same as my Xperia Z and both phone uses exactly same hardware. So far I know, above 75 degree is a red alert for this types of CPU though they will shut down before reaching that temperature. Still I am jealous of your phone :P because if your one stays cool that mean you have a better battery backup.
8th May 2014, 02:11 PM   |  #12  
Flag here!
Thanks Meter: 449

2,861 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDA-RK

Then I must say your unit got a real cool mind :P, well your unit produce reasonable heat which is very good. But for S4 Pro CPU, 55-56 degree is not the temperature to worry about. Even my Optimus G also heats same as my Xperia Z and both phone uses exactly same hardware. So far I know, above 75 degree is a red alert for this types of CPU though they will shut down before reaching that temperature. Still I am jealous of your phone :P because if your one stays cool that mean you have a better battery backup.

But don,t forget the rom also plays a important role for some problems that people think its hardware problem. Try to change you rom. Maybe there is alot app are running without you know so that overheat you phone
8th May 2014, 06:55 PM   |  #13  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
Mine is getting normally something around ~60 degrees Celsius (CPU temperature) when using it normally, but when the system boots it reaches even 71, so don't worry, it won't burn or explode hehe. And as it was already mentioned it has an overheat protection

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDA-RK

We can always put it in some cold water, to avoid overheating
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
heat, overheat, temperature, travel, xperiaz
Previous Thread Next Thread