Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,073 Members 41,093 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How hot is too hot?

Tip us?

XDA-RK
Old
Thanks Meter 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidfreak70 View Post
[/COLOR]woaa. 56 degree? Your phone is burning bro. If i play asphalt 8 on max graphic the phone temp goes to 41- 43 as maximum to me.[COLOR="Silver"]
Then I must say your unit got a real cool mind :P, well your unit produce reasonable heat which is very good. But for S4 Pro CPU, 55-56 degree is not the temperature to worry about. Even my Optimus G also heats same as my Xperia Z and both phone uses exactly same hardware. So far I know, above 75 degree is a red alert for this types of CPU though they will shut down before reaching that temperature. Still I am jealous of your phone :P because if your one stays cool that mean you have a better battery backup.

androidfreak70
Old
Thanks Meter 214

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDA-RK View Post
Then I must say your unit got a real cool mind :P, well your unit produce reasonable heat which is very good. But for S4 Pro CPU, 55-56 degree is not the temperature to worry about. Even my Optimus G also heats same as my Xperia Z and both phone uses exactly same hardware. So far I know, above 75 degree is a red alert for this types of CPU though they will shut down before reaching that temperature. Still I am jealous of your phone :P because if your one stays cool that mean you have a better battery backup.

But don,t forget the rom also plays a important role for some problems that people think its hardware problem. Try to change you rom. Maybe there is alot app are running without you know so that overheat you phone
THATS FROM MY XPERIA™ Z
With:

Android 4.4.2
---------------------------------------------------
don't forget hit thanks if helped
-----------------------------------------------------
and ALWAYS QUOTE my posts if you replying to my post!

Android phone user
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 0
Mine is getting normally something around ~60 degrees Celsius (CPU temperature) when using it normally, but when the system boots it reaches even 71, so don't worry, it won't burn or explode hehe. And as it was already mentioned it has an overheat protection

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDA-RK View Post
We can always put it in some cold water, to avoid overheating
Tags
heat, overheat, temperature, travel, xperiaz