Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,178 Members 52,048 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How is the recording audio quality?

Tip us?

-Mindroid-
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Default How is the recording audio quality?

I'm a Nexus4 owner and some of you probably know already that the recording audio on the Nexus4 is horrible.
The sound on video and audio recordings is described as if it was "recorded underwater".

Since the Nexus4 and the Sony Xperia Z use the Qualcomm msm8064 SoC for audio I was wondering
if code from the Xperia Z could be used to repair the Nexus4 firmware. I'm curious about the quality of the
recording audio on the Xperia Z.

Headphones, speakers and in-call sound quality is actually very good so this is only a problem when recording.

RCJ89
Old
Thanks Meter 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Mindroid- View Post
I'm a Nexus4 owner and some of you probably know already that the recording audio on the Nexus4 is horrible.
The sound on video and audio recordings is described as if it was "recorded underwater".

Since the Nexus4 and the Sony Xperia Z use the Qualcomm msm8064 SoC for audio I was wondering
if code from the Xperia Z could be used to repair the Nexus4 firmware. I'm curious about the quality of the
recording audio on the Xperia Z.

Headphones, speakers and in-call sound quality is actually very good so this is only a problem when recording.
I haven't noticed any problems with the audio recording from the xperia z tbh it is very good.
Current Phones:
Samsung Galaxy S5 Black 16gb

Previous owned Favourite phones:
HTC One X white 32gb
HTC One S Black 16gb
HTC Sensation XE Black
Samsung Galaxy S2 Black 16gb
Sony Ericsson Xperia ARC Silver
The Following User Says Thank You to RCJ89 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]