Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] How to force an app to stay running?

OP androidfreak70

24th June 2014, 03:03 AM   |  #1  
androidfreak70's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag here!
Thanks Meter: 628
 
3,795 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Donate to Me
More
Hi!
I have this question from the FIRST time i got my Z!!!
How do i force/keep an app i want to stay running?!?!?
example: i was playing a game, then i pressed the HOME button and worked on the device for few minutes and after i press the RECENT apps button and select my game, i see the game was like force closed! Or like i killed the app and relaunched it!

HOW DO I KEEP IT RUNNING???

HELP!! I NEED THAT!!!

Send form my Xperia™ Z (C6602) using tapatalk😃
24th June 2014, 03:44 PM   |  #2  
Kocayine's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 164
 
1,156 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidfreak70

Hi!
I have this question from the FIRST time i got my Z!!!
How do i force/keep an app i want to stay running?!?!?
example: i was playing a game, then i pressed the HOME button and worked on the device for few minutes and after i press the RECENT apps button and select my game, i see the game was like force closed! Or like i killed the app and relaunched it!

HOW DO I KEEP IT RUNNING???

HELP!! I NEED THAT!!!

Send form my Xperia™ Z (C6602) using tapatalk��

There's a reason for this, you know that right? Games uses alot of ram and android clears inactive apps to use their ram for other things. A game like Subway Surfers uses 134-150MB ram.

Anyway, what you can try is get the xposed module "app settings". You can apply all kinds of settings to apps with this module, one of them being making apps "resident", i.e. not close - unless the "quit" function of the app is being used I guess.

I just tried it out, seems to work.
Last edited by Kocayine; 24th June 2014 at 03:47 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kocayine For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th June 2014, 03:47 PM   |  #3  
androidfreak70's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag here!
Thanks Meter: 628
 
3,795 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kocayine

There's a reason for this, you know that right? Games uses alot of ram and android clears inactive apps to use their ram for other things. A game like Subway Surfers uses 134-150MB ram.

Anyway, what you can try do is get the xposed module "app settings". You can apply all kinds of settings to apps with this module, one of them being making apps "resident", i.e. not close - unless the "quit" function of the app is being used I guess.

I just tried it out, seems to work.

i dont get the problem with the games only... its with the apps too...
btw thanks i'll try this module!

Send form my Xperia™ Z (C6602) using tapatalk😃
24th June 2014, 03:49 PM   |  #4  
Kocayine's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 164
 
1,156 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidfreak70

i dont get the problem with the games only... its with the apps too...
btw thanks i'll try this module!

Send form my Xperia™ Z (C6602) using tapatalk��

Its normal really.. sometimes you'd expect these 2GB devices to hold apps in memory longer before killing them but I guess not. You can also adjust your minfree values, which are the values that controls when to kill off apps etc. But the "resident" function of "app settings" seems to do a good job keeping apps in memory. It could be anything, like a background app you never want to be killed, like Tasker.

God bless xposed!
Last edited by Kocayine; 24th June 2014 at 03:51 PM.
24th June 2014, 03:51 PM   |  #5  
androidfreak70's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag here!
Thanks Meter: 628
 
3,795 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kocayine

Its normal really.. sometimes you'd expect these 2GB devices to hold apps in memory longer before killing them but I guess not. You can also adust your minfree values, which are the values that controls when to kill off apps etc. But the "resident" function of "app settings" seems to do a good job keeping apps in memory. It could be anything, like a background app you never want to be killed, like Tasker.

God bless xposed!

👍👍

Send form my Xperia™ Z (C6602) using tapatalk😃
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes