[Q] How to install Sony Android 4.4 on a rooted Xperia Z.

OP Sovereign108

18th January 2014, 11:52 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
HI, I rooted my Xperia Z to 4.3 Android (Sony's version) but I can't install Sony's version of 4.4 android via Sony's PC Companion software as I have rooted the device and unlocked the bootloader.

Also, if I get 4.4 on my Xperia Z, how to root that?

Thanks
18th January 2014, 12:10 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 360

1,461 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovereign108

HI, I rooted my Xperia Z to 4.3 Android (Sony's version) but I can't install Sony's version of 4.4 android via Sony's PC Companion software as I have rooted the device and unlocked the bootloader.

Thanks

Maybe you should investigate what the latest Android version is instead of asking something that no one will be able to answer.
Link me one 4.4 topic plz.
18th January 2014, 01:32 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 7

6 posts
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovereign108

Thanks

The latest official android version for sony xperia z is 4.3, but you can download custom rom for your device, by installing clockwork mode and then flashing the rom.
You can search over for the custom recovery and how to install it and then just download your desired kitkat rom and copy it to the phone, then flash it in recovery mode.

Cheers.

-Click on thanks button Please-
18th January 2014, 04:19 PM   |  #4  
Flag Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 91

632 posts
More
I would add, and remind you, that a unlocked bootloader is required in order to install whatever cyanomodgen rom

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread