FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

[Q] How to root stock rom 4.4.2

60 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By tinkko, Member on 27th May 2014, 12:46 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I have updated to Stock ROM 4.4.2 and now I have no idea how to root my Xperia, I have tried from google search and still no success, please someone let me know how to root,
many thanks and greatly appreciated,
 
 
27th May 2014, 03:14 AM |#2  
St.Jimmy90's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Frankfurt
Thanks Meter: 171
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkko

I have updated to Stock ROM 4.4.2 and now I have no idea how to root my Xperia, I have tried from google search and still no success, please someone let me know how to root,
many thanks and greatly appreciated,

There are many guides here how to root it - use the search function!
There are multiple ways to root, here are some:
1: unlock your bootloader, install a stock kernel with recovery and flash the latest super su
2: downgrade to 4.2.2, use easy rooting method and upgrade ota
The Following User Says Thank You to St.Jimmy90 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th May 2014, 03:41 AM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
thanks, where can I find stock kernel with recovery and flash the latest super su,
cheers
27th May 2014, 01:06 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag Bristol
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkko

I have updated to Stock ROM 4.4.2 and now I have no idea how to root my Xperia, I have tried from google search and still no success, please someone let me know how to root,
many thanks and greatly appreciated,

I am as clueless as you! Although I have spent a long time browsing the large amount of information here (and thanks to all who have supplied it), it seems more complicated to root my Xperia Z 4.4.2 than it was to root my old Xperia Ray and my new Samsung Tab 8.4 LTE. I am getting too old for this lark! I only want unrestricted write access to the sdcard following the Jellybean to KitKat 'up'grade.
27th May 2014, 03:52 PM |#5  
androidtweaker1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 275
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Austin

I am as clueless as you! Although I have spent a long time browsing the large amount of information here (and thanks to all who have supplied it), it seems more complicated to root my Xperia Z 4.4.2 than it was to root my old Xperia Ray and my new Samsung Tab 8.4 LTE. I am getting too old for this lark! I only want unrestricted write access to the sdcard following the Jellybean to KitKat 'up'grade.

For unlocking bootloader follow the first link
for rooting follow the second link

1) http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/
2) http://techglen.com/2014/05/23/root-...tkat-firmware/

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkko

thanks, where can I find stock kernel with recovery and flash the latest super su,
cheers

For unlocking bootloader follow the first link
for rooting follow the second link

1) http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/
2) http://techglen.com/2014/05/23/root-...tkat-firmware/
The Following User Says Thank You to androidtweaker1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th May 2014, 06:15 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Bristol
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidtweaker1

For unlocking bootloader follow the first link
for rooting follow the second link

1) http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/
2) http://techglen.com/2014/05/23/root-...tkat-firmware/

Hmm. And yet another thread here seems to offer a rooted 4.4.2 without unlocked bootloader. Unfortunately, I need to read a lot more before I can understand what the instructions mean! In the meantime, I have found out about DRM and the TA partition and I am wary of unlocking the BL.
28th May 2014, 03:21 AM |#7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thanks you so much, my phone is rooted now, greatly appreciated,
28th May 2014, 10:31 AM |#8  
androidtweaker1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 275
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkko

Thanks you so much, my phone is rooted now, greatly appreciated,



---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Austin

Hmm. And yet another thread here seems to offer a rooted 4.4.2 without unlocked bootloader. Unfortunately, I need to read a lot more before I can understand what the instructions mean! In the meantime, I have found out about DRM and the TA partition and I am wary of unlocking the BL.

Dont worry unlocking boot loader wont mess up your device
29th May 2014, 04:06 AM |#9  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
But I have clearly noticed that battery was draining fast with Stock Rom 4.2.2, cheers
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes