Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,011 Members 38,718 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to unlock locked boot-loader Xperia Z

Tip us?

Bc1151
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] How to unlock locked boot-loader Xperia Z

I am currently in quite a conundrum, and was hoping one of you guys could help me out.

I recently bought a Xperia Z c6616 From Bell Canada and was under the understanding that the bootloader was unlocked, but to my (not so much (considering its bell)) surprise, it listed me as no under the configuration tab in the services menu (as mentioned on the official sony page.)

I am not financially in a position to buy a new phone, and both sony and bell have turned their backs on me.

What i have done so far :

after some research i came across this page: http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia...er/td-p/314658
IT suggested i flashed a generic rom, so i chose this one: http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...al-se-t2223827

My device IS currently rooted, and is running on the ftf mentioned above ([FTF] Stock 10.1.A.1.434 (4.1.2) GLOBAL SE unbranded C6603(LTE) [.253 OTA])

To Sum up the question, I am a developer and would like to utilize a unlocked bootloader, but am unaware of what to do next to get it unlocked.

Please help.

Thanks in Advanced!
--Bc1151

kingvortex
Old
(Last edited by kingvortex; 18th March 2014 at 08:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1914
You cannot do anything. Your bootloader is permanently locked and there's no way around it.
Flashing generic software doesn't affect the bootloader and the bootloader unlock status is stored in a protected partition (the TA) and cannot be unofficially altered.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
Tags
locked bootloader, xperia z