XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How does updates work?

Tip us?

vhl71
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 91
Default How does updates work?

I used to have a ZL with 4.2.2 from my carrier. I used to get regular updates such as walkman, music etc in my updates section.

Now i've a brand new Z - with 4.1.2 from the same carrier!! there are no further updates for Z from them
So instead of waiting I've gone ahead and flashed it with stock 4.3 ROM from here. everything seems to work fine so far.

But there is nothing in the updates seciton yet. for example the walkman app with this rom is old. Why am i not getting notified automatically about this? Is it because this ROM is not from my carrier?
If yes, will i not get any update notification?

mohdsubaie
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by vhl71 View Post
I used to have a ZL with 4.2.2 from my carrier. I used to get regular updates such as walkman, music etc in my updates section.

Now i've a brand new Z - with 4.1.2 from the same carrier!! there are no further updates for Z from them
So instead of waiting I've gone ahead and flashed it with stock 4.3 ROM from here. everything seems to work fine so far.

But there is nothing in the updates seciton yet. for example the walkman app with this rom is old. Why am i not getting notified automatically about this? Is it because this ROM is not from my carrier?
If yes, will i not get any update notification?
If you are on 4.3 you should already have the latest apps and you will get notified of any updates in the update centre as they happen.

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app

vhl71
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohdsubaie View Post
If you are on 4.3 you should already have the latest apps and you will get notified of any updates in the update centre as they happen.

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app
Then shouldn't I be getting the notification for the walkman and movies update? We already know there are newer versions of this released by sony.