XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SOLVED] IMEI missing, Baseband unkown, Wifi doesn't turn on

Tip us?

steeserious
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingvortex View Post
No, I haven't had time to get to my PC at all this week. I post here from my phone in spare moments just now.
I'm not sure about your particular device, but I believe basebands cannot be flashed to the Z via recovery, only via Flashtool, so I will have to extract them from some ftf files I have saved.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
I really don't know, but since a ROM is flashable and does contain a certain baseband, I would guess the baseband itself could be flashed through recovery, too?
So the baseband files in the ftfs are the amss files if I'm not mistaken. I'm curious to know where to find the according files in the /system.

kingvortex
Old
Thanks Meter 1445
I assume they will be in /system/etc/firmware. I'm not sure though, as this is my first Xperia device and I haven't felt compelled to mess with it as much as my previous Android phones as the stock rom is excellent.

Nidhal AKA the king
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 185

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeserious View Post
Did you find the time to compare basebands yet?
I still haven't made any progress with my XT. Which are the baseband related files in a ROM that is a flashable zip? I'd like to try to mix the CM files with stock to see whether I can get a modified stock working or simply find out if there's a region specific stock rom that would work...
I don't really know where to start looking for that information though.
just keep trying all the solutions in ur head bro.... don't give up!

u have to find the original rom was flashed in ur phone. the version and build number! call sony or use live chat to get ur phone region information. just provide ur IMEI number to them.

I hope is not a hardware issue like it was in my XZ... they had to change the whole main-board but they didn't mention where the defect came from or caused by!

good luck
Current Smartphone: Xperia Z C6602

Previous Smartphones

steeserious
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingvortex View Post
I assume they will be in /system/etc/firmware. I'm not sure though, as this is my first Xperia device and I haven't felt compelled to mess with it as much as my previous Android phones as the stock rom is excellent.

There are a lot of modem files in that folder, but I really don't know if just grabbing those and overwriting them would be a good idea...I have no idea about dependencies etc. Anyway, I might give it a shot at some point.
And yes, I'm really quite happy with the stock rom, too. That's why I want to get it working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidhal AKA the king View Post
just keep trying all the solutions in ur head bro.... don't give up!

u have to find the original rom was flashed in ur phone. the version and build number! call sony or use live chat to get ur phone region information. just provide ur IMEI number to them.

I hope is not a hardware issue like it was in my XZ... they had to change the whole main-board but they didn't mention where the defect came from or caused by!

good luck
Finding the original firmware won't be easy. It's most likely been prototype firmware which I haven't got a chance of getting a hold of anyway.
Contacting Sony about it doesn't help either, since they can't (are neither allowed nor capable of, I'd say) give any information about prototypes.

Nidhal AKA the king
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 185

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeserious View Post
There are a lot of modem files in that folder, but I really don't know if just grabbing those and overwriting them would be a good idea...I have no idea about dependencies etc. Anyway, I might give it a shot at some point.
And yes, I'm really quite happy with the stock rom, too. That's why I want to get it working.

Finding the original firmware won't be easy. It's most likely been prototype firmware which I haven't got a chance of getting a hold of anyway.
Contacting Sony about it doesn't help either, since they can't (are neither allowed nor capable of, I'd say) give any information about prototypes.

Well, I hope u manage to fix It all your self. It's tough I know, been thru that, let alone be.. The warranty survived my phone, cuz without It I'd have ended up with a hard bricked phone 4eva!

Good luck for all bro
Current Smartphone: Xperia Z C6602

Previous Smartphones

Tags
imei missing, uknown baseband, unknown imei