No registration required

[Q] Issues with calls and texts after 4.3 update

OP Destron56853

18th January 2014, 05:17 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

30 posts
More
I have a T-Mobile Xperia Z 6606, when the 4.3 update originally rolled out I promptly update, once I updated everything was fine until I went to work. Once I got to work I found out that I could not send or receive text messages nor could I make or receive a phone call. If I rebooted the phone I would have a small window of time that I could call out, or receive texts that had been sent earlier and I never got, or send a quick text out, but after a minute or so it would stop working again.

Now I have never had great data reception inside my work building but I never had troubles with calls or texts until the 4.3 update. I would also keep getting a notification that I needed to sign in to the T-Mobile network, and the 'H' by my signal bars says H+ on the 4.3 update, prior it was only ever an H, and it sucks my battery dry. After a 12 hour day I would typically have 25-30% battery but with the connection issues my phone dies around the 10 hour mark.

To attempt to fix the issue I download an unbranded 4.2 rom and installed it on my phone, and after that my phone went back to working as normal with no issues. I was consistently getting update notifications to update OTA to 4.3 so last night I decided to give it a go and finally update to 4.3 once more hoping maybe it was the T-Mobile rom that had an issue, but no go. Even the OTA non branded rom has the same issue.

Does 4.3 use a different radio than 4.2? Is it possible to use a 4.2 radio on 4.3?

I love the 4.3 version as it make my phone run so much better, but I cant use it when my phone is useless at work. Anybody have any ideas what could cause this or how to fix it?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread