Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,957 Members 39,688 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

KitKat Rom and SD Card Support

Tip us?

Netzheimer
Old
(Last edited by Netzheimer; 3rd September 2014 at 09:59 AM.) Reason: Not able to copy
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default KitKat Rom and SD Card Support

Hi,

I installed Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 4 on my xperia z. I got a problem with moving photos of my DCIM Folder from my intertal storage to an other folder oft my external storage (SD card). I already fixed the SD card permission, so I am able to create folders and files on the SD card. The only problem is, that I'm not able to MOVE or COPY them.

I use ES File Explorer my favorite explorer. I am also able to DELETE files from the internal DCIM folder.

Thanks in advance for your help

Netzheimer

androidtweaker1
Old
Thanks Meter 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netzheimer View Post
Hi,

I installed Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 4 on my xperia z. I got a problem with moving photos of my DCIM Folder from my intertal storage to an other folder oft my external storage (SD card). I already fixed the SD card permission, so I am able to create folders and files on the SD card. The only problem is, that I'm not able to MOVE or COPY them.

I use ES File Explorer my favorite explorer. I am also able to DELETE files from the internal DCIM folder.

Thanks in advance for your help

Netzheimer
Try formatting the SD and using it after that
Hit thanks if helped

“You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you ― John Bunyan”

Current Devices
Sony Xperia Z:Stock 4.4.4 Rooted
Samsung Galaxy Nexus: Dirty Unicorns
The Following User Says Thank You to androidtweaker1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Netzheimer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Hi androidtweaker1,

Quote:
Originally Posted by androidtweaker1 View Post
Try formatting the SD and using it after that
I tried that. At first the problem still occured. Then I saw, that ES File Explorer showed the message, that it is unable to copy the picture "IMG20140910_0815:nopm:.jpg.

I was confused why some pictures of the DCIM folder have an :nopm: in the name, so I tried to move all other pictures insted of the nopm ones to the external sd card.... worked. The next step I did is to rename the nopm pictures to delete the :nopm: tag out of the name. After that, I was also allowed to move this pictures to the external card. Problem solved.

Another little question: Do you know if it's possible to create a link from the internal DCIM folder to the external one? The google camera app dont have an option to choose where the pictures should be saved, so this link would be a workaround solution.

Thanks for your help

androidtweaker1
Old
Thanks Meter 243
Quote:
Hi androidtweaker1,

I tried that. At first the problem still occured. Then I saw, that ES File Explorer showed the message, that it is unable to copy the picture "IMG20140910_0815:nopm:.jpg.

I was confused why some pictures of the DCIM folder have an :nopm: in the name, so I tried to move all other pictures insted of the nopm ones to the external sd card.... worked. The next step I did is to rename the nopm pictures to delete the :nopm: tag out of the name. After that, I was also allowed to move this pictures to the external card. Problem solved.

Another little question: Do you know if it's possible to create a link from the internal DCIM folder to the external one? The google camera app dont have an option to choose where the pictures should be saved, so this link would be a workaround solution.

Thanks for your help
Dis you give ES root privileges?
Hit thanks if helped

“You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you ― John Bunyan”

Current Devices

Netzheimer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidtweaker1 View Post
Dis you give ES root privileges?
yes

androidtweaker1
Old
Thanks Meter 243
Quote:
yes
Try this it has resolved most peoples issues
Hit thanks if helped

Current Devices

Netzheimer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I already installed this app to fix my sd card permission. In other threads I found that it is not possible to create links to the sd card because of its fat format.

So I think the thread is solved, because it now works to move pictures from internal to external DCIM folder.

Thanks so much for your help androidtweaker1