Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

KitKat Rom and SD Card Support

OP Netzheimer

3rd September 2014, 10:44 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hi,

I installed Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 4 on my xperia z. I got a problem with moving photos of my DCIM Folder from my intertal storage to an other folder oft my external storage (SD card). I already fixed the SD card permission, so I am able to create folders and files on the SD card. The only problem is, that I'm not able to MOVE or COPY them.

I use ES File Explorer my favorite explorer. I am also able to DELETE files from the internal DCIM folder.

Thanks in advance for your help

Netzheimer
Last edited by Netzheimer; 3rd September 2014 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Not able to copy
3rd September 2014, 12:20 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 261

829 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netzheimer

Hi,

I installed Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 4 on my xperia z. I got a problem with moving photos of my DCIM Folder from my intertal storage to an other folder oft my external storage (SD card). I already fixed the SD card permission, so I am able to create folders and files on the SD card. The only problem is, that I'm not able to MOVE or COPY them.

I use ES File Explorer my favorite explorer. I am also able to DELETE files from the internal DCIM folder.

Thanks in advance for your help

Netzheimer

Try formatting the SD and using it after that
The Following User Says Thank You to androidtweaker1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th September 2014, 10:00 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Hi androidtweaker1,

Quote:
Originally Posted by androidtweaker1

Try formatting the SD and using it after that

I tried that. At first the problem still occured. Then I saw, that ES File Explorer showed the message, that it is unable to copy the picture "IMG20140910_0815:nopm:.jpg.

I was confused why some pictures of the DCIM folder have an :nopm: in the name, so I tried to move all other pictures insted of the nopm ones to the external sd card.... worked. The next step I did is to rename the nopm pictures to delete the :nopm: tag out of the name. After that, I was also allowed to move this pictures to the external card. Problem solved.

Another little question: Do you know if it's possible to create a link from the internal DCIM folder to the external one? The google camera app dont have an option to choose where the pictures should be saved, so this link would be a workaround solution.

Thanks for your help
10th September 2014, 10:06 AM   |  #4  

829 posts
Quote:

Hi androidtweaker1,

I tried that. At first the problem still occured. Then I saw, that ES File Explorer showed the message, that it is unable to copy the picture "IMG20140910_0815:nopm:.jpg.

I was confused why some pictures of the DCIM folder have an :nopm: in the name, so I tried to move all other pictures insted of the nopm ones to the external sd card.... worked. The next step I did is to rename the nopm pictures to delete the :nopm: tag out of the name. After that, I was also allowed to move this pictures to the external card. Problem solved.

Another little question: Do you know if it's possible to create a link from the internal DCIM folder to the external one? The google camera app dont have an option to choose where the pictures should be saved, so this link would be a workaround solution.

Thanks for your help

Dis you give ES root privileges?
10th September 2014, 10:08 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidtweaker1

Dis you give ES root privileges?

yes
10th September 2014, 10:15 AM   |  #6  

829 posts
Quote:

yes

Try this it has resolved most peoples issues
10th September 2014, 10:33 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
I already installed this app to fix my sd card permission. In other threads I found that it is not possible to create links to the sd card because of its fat format.

So I think the thread is solved, because it now works to move pictures from internal to external DCIM folder.

Thanks so much for your help androidtweaker1

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread