Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

[Q] Hard lock: Throw away a perfectly good phone?

OP politby

10th September 2014, 10:31 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 1

89 posts
More
Okay, so because I had a major brain fart I stupidly purchased an Xperia Z that is hard (counter) network locked to T-Mobile Austria.

Please do not waste time replying to this post if you don't know what this means.

I refuse to believe that all I can do is throw it away for scrap. But nowhere on this forum can I find a post from someone who successfully got a hard lock resolved by the phone manufacturer or the carrier, or anyone else for that matter.

I just spent 20 minutes on the phone with Sony Mobile support here in Sweden and not even they could tell me if it can be done.

What if a poorly trained authorized dealer rep accidentally hard locks a phone when attempting to code unlock it for a customer? Does it go in the bin for recycling? I don't think so.

I am prepared to eat the cost of getting it unlocked. Surely someone must have done this?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread