Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,471 Members 42,000 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Looking for decent car dock

Tip us?

orenxda
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasK View Post
Sounds great. Would it be only for landscape.. or portrait as well?
Every BRODIT holder (as other car docks usually) can be turned portrait or landscape. Mine for GTab was mounted onto a tilt swivel so you can also adjust the angle.
They usually build either "passive" and "active" (with cig lighter plug) holders.
You can mount it on a window suction cup system, or on a BRODIT Pro CLip that is the safest car fixation (different clips depending car model and position desired). if you change car you change the proclip and keep your cradle, if you change phone you keep your Proclip and change the cradle.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to orenxda For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Equerm
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Im guessing the swedish guys over at Brodit will come with one for the Xperia Z pretty soon, they got all the best car docks in my opinion.
Normally they also release a bigger version for the people who got a plastic grip on their phone as well

Check out brodit.se, they got mounts for most phones
The Following User Says Thank You to Equerm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JooMies
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equerm View Post
Im guessing the swedish guys over at Brodit will come with one for the Xperia Z pretty soon, they got all the best car docks in my opinion.
Normally they also release a bigger version for the people who got a plastic grip on their phone as well

Check out brodit.se, they got mounts for most phones
Today I was told by Brodit that cardholder will be ready within next two weeks. And it, or at least some models, will use holes at side for charging.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JooMies For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cyleo
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JooMies View Post
Today I was told by Brodit that cardholder will be ready within next two weeks. And it, or at least some models, will use holes at side for charging.
That's awesome! Messing with the flappy ports was no real options for me. I hope they launch soon. Any comments on suggested pricings?

RedSpiDer
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hey! The Brodit seems to be a good option for the Xperia Z .
I also saw the Devium Dash , it`s only for iphones so far, but they said their working on a version for Android and Windows smart phones. I think this would be interesting if they come up with an Xperia Z option which uses the pogo pins for charging. (I can`t posts outside links yet but a quick google search will show the producers website)

cheltenham2004
Old
(Last edited by cheltenham2004; 21st March 2013 at 05:48 PM.)
Thanks Meter 86
At Last

http://www.brodit.com/productList.ht...eria+Z&pn=prod

Well it is only passive, still waiting for an active one
The Following User Says Thank You to cheltenham2004 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

westentertainer
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheltenham2004 View Post
At Last

http://www.brodit.com/productList.ht...eria+Z&pn=prod

Well it is only passive, still waiting for an active one
No it has to be active so it stops the need to open the charger flap every time you get in and out of the car,it would do my head in!
come on brodit we are all waiting for the active one.

Tom Fagerland
Old
Thanks Meter 34
It's a start

Btw, is it just me, or does the passive holder look like a halfway decent wallmounted holder for home as well?

XDAvidG
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Brodit looks like a very nice and secure option for using the XPZ in the car, however one would have to constantly remove the case on the phone in order to use it.

Something like this might be a better alternative for the more lazier users.

mobilefun.co.uk/supergrip-sony-xperia-z-case-compatible-car-pack-p38336

Although i agree with the majority, those flaps are pretty annoying and active Brodit mount would definitely win it for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to XDAvidG For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Esspee_London
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Default Looking for decent car dock

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasK View Post
Sounds great. Would it be only for landscape.. or portrait as well?
Looking at Brodit's passive holder, although it has swivel backing, I get the feeling it may not be safe using phone in landscape position and its only designed for portrait position.
-----
Idel mind is devil's workshop