No registration required

[Q] Any Issues with WiFi

OP marcgear

3rd March 2013, 07:17 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Wolverhampton
Thanks Meter: 12

118 posts
Loving the phone really, one thing i have noticed is when ever im downloading or uploading large files through my home WIFI after a short period the phone disconnects from the network and i have to reconnect manually. Any ideas is anyone else having the same issue. All my other devices are fine
3rd March 2013, 07:19 PM   |  #2  
Flag Basingstoke
Thanks Meter: 359

1,181 posts
Donate to Me
More
Same thing here, but it reconnects itself - just losing the connection for 1-2 seconds. It happens sometimes even when browsing the web. Most likely some kind of software bug.
3rd March 2013, 08:37 PM   |  #3  
Southampton
Thanks Meter: 8

209 posts
More
Had similar symptoms when playing with the phone at work`s WiFi (1st day of usage). On my home WiFi nothing wrong at all.
3rd March 2013, 09:35 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 51

248 posts
Re: [Q] Any Issues with WiFi
Make sure that keep WiFi on during sleep is always.
Or the WiFi will turn off the moment u turn the screen off

Sent from my C6602 using xda app-developers app
3rd March 2013, 09:50 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Wolverhampton

118 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abd_alazeez2002

Yeah checked that it happens even with the screen on. i got the screen to stay awake when charging and usually download my big files the i gave up trying to download A Bards Tale last night.
x102x96x
3rd March 2013, 10:47 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcgear

Loving the phone really, one thing i have noticed is when ever im downloading or uploading large files through my home WIFI after a short period the phone disconnects from the network and i have to reconnect manually. Any ideas is anyone else having the same issue. All my other devices are fine

it happens sometimes in s3, s2, xS and etc
it s a bug and will repair by software update or flashing another rom/firmware by urself if know wht to do.
3rd March 2013, 11:53 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 392

1,630 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abd_alazeez2002

I found that WiFi is one of the most power draining things on phones. The best thing would be to switch to mobile data while sleeping and turn wifi off during that time.
That way you can still receive everything, but since you're sleeping you will barely use any data at all.

To bad the phone can't do that automatically.
4th March 2013, 01:48 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 1

23 posts
I'm getting frequent wifi drops in my home (netgear router, wpa psk security) and its also affecting other devices in the house! Other wifi networks I've connected to seem to be fine, no issues whatsoever. Sometimes it'll say its connected, but no data, other times it will disconnect entirely.

This is a VERY strange problem and the fact that its affecting the wifi connection to other devices is even stranger.
The Following User Says Thank You to hanleyco For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th March 2013, 08:39 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Wolverhampton

118 posts
Just an update on this, I returned my phone to P4U this morning as the wifi thing was annoying me and the phone has eaten 823mb of mobile data in one weekend even though i had mobile data turned off and connected to WIFI, The handset said i used 115mb and Voda said 823mb. not the only reason i returned it but it needed changing. So got my new handset up and running this afternoon and im set up and i been downloading all my files and apps with out any problems.
So looks like i had a dud phone first time around.
5th March 2013, 05:15 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 1

3 posts
Xperia rebooting fibre broadband gateway???
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanleyco

I'm getting frequent wifi drops in my home (netgear router, wpa psk security) and its also affecting other devices in the house! Other wifi networks I've connected to seem to be fine, no issues whatsoever. Sometimes it'll say its connected, but no data, other times it will disconnect entirely.

This is a VERY strange problem and the fact that its affecting the wifi connection to other devices is even stranger.

Getting the same problem too. All my other devices (Nexus7, Ipad, PC) can connect fine to my wireless home network (fibre). But when I start connecting my Xperia Z to the wireless network, after 5 mins, my Gateway will hang, and restart itself. Happens all the time without fail as long as I have my phone hooked up to the wireless network.

Anyone else facing this problem?? I'm kinda at a loss now on how to solve it. Tried adjusting settings on my wireless channel too but doesn't seem to help. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to xentay For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread