Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,687 Members 41,279 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Any Issues with WiFi

Tip us?

marcgear
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default [Q] Any Issues with WiFi

Loving the phone really, one thing i have noticed is when ever im downloading or uploading large files through my home WIFI after a short period the phone disconnects from the network and i have to reconnect manually. Any ideas is anyone else having the same issue. All my other devices are fine
Mobile History = Xperia Z Ultra (current), Xperia Z, Xperia X10 Nexus 3, Xperia S, N900,SE X10i, Nokia N95 8gb, SE W960i,SE k750i, Nokia 3650, Nokia 7600, Nokia 7650, Nokia N8, Nokia N97, Nokia N73, Nokia 6111, Nokia 6680, Nokia 6630, Nokia 7610, Nokia Ngage, Nokia 3210, Nokia 3310, SE W910, SE T68i, Sam D500, Sam D600, Iphone 4, BB 9800,

Ill add the rest as i go along.

Akiainavas
Old
Thanks Meter 356

DONATE TO ME
Same thing here, but it reconnects itself - just losing the connection for 1-2 seconds. It happens sometimes even when browsing the web. Most likely some kind of software bug.

Xperia Z2ssssssssssss

ssssNeed help ? Send me a message, I'll try to help.

www.ifixit.com
Voice your support for the Self-Repair Manifesto!

www.ultimae.com
Panoramic Music for Panoramic People

chri55tof
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Had similar symptoms when playing with the phone at work`s WiFi (1st day of usage). On my home WiFi nothing wrong at all.
My gear : G3 | Note Pro 10.1

abd_alazeez2002
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Default Re: [Q] Any Issues with WiFi

Make sure that keep WiFi on during sleep is always.
Or the WiFi will turn off the moment u turn the screen off

Sent from my C6602 using xda app-developers app

marcgear
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by abd_alazeez2002 View Post

Yeah checked that it happens even with the screen on. i got the screen to stay awake when charging and usually download my big files the i gave up trying to download A Bards Tale last night.
Mobile History = Xperia Z Ultra (current), Xperia Z, Xperia X10 Nexus 3, Xperia S, N900,SE X10i, Nokia N95 8gb, SE W960i,SE k750i, Nokia 3650, Nokia 7600, Nokia 7650, Nokia N8, Nokia N97, Nokia N73, Nokia 6111, Nokia 6680, Nokia 6630, Nokia 7610, Nokia Ngage, Nokia 3210, Nokia 3310, SE W910, SE T68i, Sam D500, Sam D600, Iphone 4, BB 9800,

x102x96x Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcgear View Post
Loving the phone really, one thing i have noticed is when ever im downloading or uploading large files through my home WIFI after a short period the phone disconnects from the network and i have to reconnect manually. Any ideas is anyone else having the same issue. All my other devices are fine
it happens sometimes in s3, s2, xS and etc
it s a bug and will repair by software update or flashing another rom/firmware by urself if know wht to do.

Dsteppa
Old
Thanks Meter 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by abd_alazeez2002 View Post

I found that WiFi is one of the most power draining things on phones. The best thing would be to switch to mobile data while sleeping and turn wifi off during that time.
That way you can still receive everything, but since you're sleeping you will barely use any data at all.

To bad the phone can't do that automatically.

hanleyco
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I'm getting frequent wifi drops in my home (netgear router, wpa psk security) and its also affecting other devices in the house! Other wifi networks I've connected to seem to be fine, no issues whatsoever. Sometimes it'll say its connected, but no data, other times it will disconnect entirely.

This is a VERY strange problem and the fact that its affecting the wifi connection to other devices is even stranger.
The Following User Says Thank You to hanleyco For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

marcgear
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Just an update on this, I returned my phone to P4U this morning as the wifi thing was annoying me and the phone has eaten 823mb of mobile data in one weekend even though i had mobile data turned off and connected to WIFI, The handset said i used 115mb and Voda said 823mb. not the only reason i returned it but it needed changing. So got my new handset up and running this afternoon and im set up and i been downloading all my files and apps with out any problems.
So looks like i had a dud phone first time around.

xentay
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Xperia rebooting fibre broadband gateway???

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanleyco View Post
I'm getting frequent wifi drops in my home (netgear router, wpa psk security) and its also affecting other devices in the house! Other wifi networks I've connected to seem to be fine, no issues whatsoever. Sometimes it'll say its connected, but no data, other times it will disconnect entirely.

This is a VERY strange problem and the fact that its affecting the wifi connection to other devices is even stranger.
Getting the same problem too. All my other devices (Nexus7, Ipad, PC) can connect fine to my wireless home network (fibre). But when I start connecting my Xperia Z to the wireless network, after 5 mins, my Gateway will hang, and restart itself. Happens all the time without fail as long as I have my phone hooked up to the wireless network.

Anyone else facing this problem?? I'm kinda at a loss now on how to solve it. Tried adjusting settings on my wireless channel too but doesn't seem to help. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to xentay For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]