5,600,182 Members 40,323 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] LTE 493 510 Firmware? What the heck is this?

Tip us?

Mellon7
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] LTE 493 510 Firmware? What the heck is this?

Hello guys. New guy here with an Xperia Z Ultra phone.

I'm trying to load the Paranoid Android custom ROM.

Had a couple of questions:

1. I went thru Sony's instructions to unlock the bootloader. When I ran the fastboot -i 0x0fce oem unlock (e-mail code), the first error message I got was "FAILED - Remote - Command did not succeed". So I tried the exact command again, and then I got "FAILED - Remote: The device is already rooted".

I have searched high and low, and cannot seem to find any way to verify that the bootloader is now in fact unlocked.

2. Reading the instruction on how to install CWM/TWRP recovery menus, Every single list of instructions includes the following "This tutorial is only for Sony Xperia Z Ultra with 510 and 493 LTE firmware. Do not use it for any other carriers or variants"

Again, I have searched high and low to find a way to confirm what firmware version I have. All I know is I have the C6806 model, with the build number: 14.2.A.0.290

So can someone please help out a very confused guy here? I don't want to brick my phone by accident

So far it's still working ok

Richy99
Old
Thanks Meter 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellon7 View Post
Hello guys. New guy here with an Xperia Z Ultra phone.

I'm trying to load the Paranoid Android custom ROM.

Had a couple of questions:

1. I went thru Sony's instructions to unlock the bootloader. When I ran the fastboot -i 0x0fce oem unlock (e-mail code), the first error message I got was "FAILED - Remote - Command did not succeed". So I tried the exact command again, and then I got "FAILED - Remote: The device is already rooted".

I have searched high and low, and cannot seem to find any way to verify that the bootloader is now in fact unlocked.

2. Reading the instruction on how to install CWM/TWRP recovery menus, Every single list of instructions includes the following "This tutorial is only for Sony Xperia Z Ultra with 510 and 493 LTE firmware. Do not use it for any other carriers or variants"

Again, I have searched high and low to find a way to confirm what firmware version I have. All I know is I have the C6806 model, with the build number: 14.2.A.0.290

So can someone please help out a very confused guy here? I don't want to brick my phone by accident

So far it's still working ok
you have 14.2.A.0.290 it is the last 3 digits you need to look at of the build number

Mellon7
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richy99 View Post
you have 14.2.A.0.290 it is the last 3 digits you need to look at of the build number
So does that mean I can't install CWM/TWRP on my phone?

Richy99
Old
Thanks Meter 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellon7 View Post
So does that mean I can't install CWM/TWRP on my phone?
i don't know have you thought about posting in the z ultra forum rather than the z forum?