[Q] Can't make phone calls after rooting

Search This thread

brim4brim

May 4, 2011
I rooted my Xperia Z using Doomlords method below of reverting to earlier kernel, using exploit and then flashing back up to use an exploit.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2327472

Ever since, I can't make calls sometimes. I can make calls for a while and then nobody can call me and I can't call anybody but I can send/receive text messages.

I have no idea what could be causing this. I'm downloading a stock rom now and might flash that if nobody here has any ideas.

Last edited:

brim4brim

May 4, 2011
Ok, went back to unrooted Sony and updated to latest Sony update.

Can't make calls at all now. Anybody any ideas. LCan still text and use internet. Phone attempts to dial then just ends call before it even starts dialing.

Person I dial has no missed call.

Last edited:

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
Have you tried a different sim card or tried putting your sim in another phone to rule out problems with it?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

brim4brim

May 4, 2011
Have you tried a different sim card or tried putting your sim in another phone to rule out problems with it?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

I tried another SIM and it did not work despite the phone being unlocked but I couldn't do anything with the other SIM.

I have another SIM I can try later today that I know worked in this phone when I got it first.

I really need to get this going as soon as possible, a few important calls to make :(

Thanks for your reply!

brim4brim

May 4, 2011
Ok, I have other SIM in now and have 3 bars coverage but can't make calls. I get error in status bar, no service, network unavailable but phone is unlocked. This is a different operator to other SIM. Connection problem or invalid MMI code appears if I attempt to dial USSD code to see credit balance.