Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,636 Members 52,440 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Missing IMEI & Baseband: A lost cause??

Tip us?

Hubriss
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Unhappy [Q] Missing IMEI & Baseband: A lost cause??

Hi all,
It seems that my journey to revive my phone( [Q] Xperia Z:Bricked after turning Wi-Fi On. ) has almost come to a dead end.
After flashing various stock ROMs,basebands,kernels etc the phone just refuses to work.
Restoring the TA partition has not helped in restoring it back to normal either.
Somehow I get a feeling that all this has something to do with the IMEI & baseband gone missing.
Even after doing an extensive research on this forum on how to reinstall IMEI & baseband,there seems to be no perfect answer to it.
The few who managed to get IMEI & Baseband after they went missing are ones who either had a complete backup done before losing IMEI & baseband or ones who were lucky enough to get it work with a TA partition restore.
For whom TA partition restore did not work(I have seen a few on this forum) & for those who did not have a TA backup & IMEI and Baseband gone missing after firmware update,there seems to be no workaround.
It would also seem that since the device is fairly new,even the devs & Xperia Z enthusiasts have still to come up with a way of restoring them.
Until then, the case of missing IMEI & Baseband is a lost cause & there is no hope for revival for those folks whose device suffer from it.

Regards
An Xperia Z owner who has (almost) given up.

yahyaalbadry
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i hear u man
i have the same problem I'm trying since 4 days searching net and found no solution
if find any solution give me a buzz

yahyaalbadry

Sniper Spr3e
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Problem is the imei is never suppose to be able to be modified in any way for legal reasons

Sent from my Xperia Z in a carbon fibre case
Everything looks better with carbon fibre on it.....

Maddhouse
Old
Thanks Meter 77
I saw a topic a couple on months ago regarding same issue and I think it was seus which got it back

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

aresinuae
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default OH NO!

been trying to find a solution to my bricked Z for almost 2 weeks now. Is it the phone's fault? Should we start a campaign of some sort to warn people against buying their phone? I know the other phone manufacturers aren't perfect too but this is the worst problem i've come accross so far with my phones