Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Missing IMEI & Baseband: A lost cause??

OP Hubriss

22nd August 2013, 07:00 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

75 posts
More
Hi all,
It seems that my journey to revive my phone( [Q] Xperia Z:Bricked after turning Wi-Fi On. ) has almost come to a dead end.
After flashing various stock ROMs,basebands,kernels etc the phone just refuses to work.
Restoring the TA partition has not helped in restoring it back to normal either.
Somehow I get a feeling that all this has something to do with the IMEI & baseband gone missing.
Even after doing an extensive research on this forum on how to reinstall IMEI & baseband,there seems to be no perfect answer to it.
The few who managed to get IMEI & Baseband after they went missing are ones who either had a complete backup done before losing IMEI & baseband or ones who were lucky enough to get it work with a TA partition restore.
For whom TA partition restore did not work(I have seen a few on this forum) & for those who did not have a TA backup & IMEI and Baseband gone missing after firmware update,there seems to be no workaround.
It would also seem that since the device is fairly new,even the devs & Xperia Z enthusiasts have still to come up with a way of restoring them.
Until then, the case of missing IMEI & Baseband is a lost cause & there is no hope for revival for those folks whose device suffer from it.

Regards
An Xperia Z owner who has (almost) given up.
10th November 2013, 09:10 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
i hear u man
i have the same problem I'm trying since 4 days searching net and found no solution
if find any solution give me a buzz

yahyaalbadry
10th November 2013, 10:21 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 7

107 posts
More
Problem is the imei is never suppose to be able to be modified in any way for legal reasons

Sent from my Xperia Z in a carbon fibre case
10th November 2013, 11:33 PM   |  #4  
Flag West Sussex
Thanks Meter: 77

376 posts
More
I saw a topic a couple on months ago regarding same issue and I think it was seus which got it back

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
24th February 2014, 02:35 PM   |  #5  
Dubai
Thanks Meter: 1

16 posts
More
OH NO!
been trying to find a solution to my bricked Z for almost 2 weeks now. Is it the phone's fault? Should we start a campaign of some sort to warn people against buying their phone? I know the other phone manufacturers aren't perfect too but this is the worst problem i've come accross so far with my phones
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread