Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,360 Members 49,449 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

(SOLVED) Phone disconnects from flashmode shortly after connecting.

Tip us?
 
smash_07
Old
(Last edited by smash_07; 20th April 2013 at 04:06 AM.) Reason: problem solved
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 111
Join Date: Jul 2011
Default (SOLVED) Phone disconnects from flashmode shortly after connecting.

Hey guys

I am trying to flash the generic UK rom on my Xperia Z using flashtool but it gets stuck at 0%, It doesn't even flash anything the phone stays intact. Does anyone know how to sort this?
THANKS is a button on the left side of this post, if I helped you then use and abuse of it! There are other THANKS buttons on other's posts too that you can use in the same manner, if you want
 
gire.prasad
Old
#2  
gire.prasad's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 214
Posts: 819
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairborn

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by smash_07 View Post
Hey guys

I am trying to flash the generic UK rom on my Xperia Z using flashtool but it gets stuck at 0%, It doesn't even flash anything the phone stays intact. Does anyone know how to sort this?
Which version of flashtool are you using?

Sent from my C6602 using xda premium
Xperia arc --> Xperia Z --> Xperia Z1

 
smash_07
Old
(Last edited by smash_07; 19th April 2013 at 04:10 AM.)
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 111
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by gire.prasad View Post
Which version of flashtool are you using?

Sent from my C6602 using xda premium
I'm using flashtool 0.9.10.1 on Windows 8 64-bit.

EDIT: Here's a log that may help

19/002/2013 04:02:35 - INFO - <- This level is successfully initialized
19/002/2013 04:02:35 - INFO - Flashtool Version 0.9.10.1 built on 2013-01-09 19:49:47
19/002/2013 04:02:35 - INFO - You can drag and drop ftf files here to start flashing them
19/002/2013 04:02:40 - INFO - Device disconnected
19/003/2013 04:03:05 - INFO - Selected C6603_Generic Uk_No Branding.ftf
19/003/2013 04:03:05 - INFO - Preparing files for flashing
19/005/2013 04:05:46 - INFO - Please connect your device into flashmode.
19/006/2013 04:06:02 - INFO - Device connected in flash mode
19/006/2013 04:06:02 - INFO - Opening device for R/W
19/006/2013 04:06:02 - INFO - Reading device information
19/006/2013 04:06:02 - INFO - Phone ready for flashmode operations.
19/006/2013 04:06:02 - INFO - Current device : C6603 - CB5A1PKLNS - 1270-6350_R8A - 1269-5309_10.1.A.1.350 - GLOBAL-LTE_10.1.A.1.350
19/006/2013 04:06:02 - INFO - Start Flashing
19/006/2013 04:06:02 - INFO - Processing loader
19/006/2013 04:06:02 - INFO - Checking header
19/006/2013 04:06:02 - INFO - Flashing data
(It doesn't get pass this step and stays at 0%)
THANKS is a button on the left side of this post, if I helped you then use and abuse of it! There are other THANKS buttons on other's posts too that you can use in the same manner, if you want
 
smash_07
Old
#4  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 111
Join Date: Jul 2011
I found out that i was not using the Beta5 version which is the one indicated for the Xperia Z and now im facing a different problem,

The phone doesn't stay in flashmode for more than some 30 seconds, then it disconnects and boots normally and i still can't flash the phone.
THANKS is a button on the left side of this post, if I helped you then use and abuse of it! There are other THANKS buttons on other's posts too that you can use in the same manner, if you want
 
gire.prasad
Old
#5  
gire.prasad's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 214
Posts: 819
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairborn

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by smash_07 View Post
I found out that i was not using the Beta5 version which is the one indicated for the Xperia Z and now im facing a different problem,

The phone doesn't stay in flashmode for more than some 30 seconds, then it disconnects and boots normally and i still can't flash the phone.
Yes it is, it happens for all xperia models
Ll give you the idea
1. Install flashtool beta 5
2. Install Xperia Z flashmode and fastboot drivers from drivers folder of flashtool installation directory
3. Copy the ftf to firmwares folder
4. Don't connect the phone, now flash the ftf and wait till it prepares the files for flashing (believe me this WILL take a while)
5. Now when it asks to connect after preparing, switch off the device and connect by pressing the volume down button
6. Now it starts! Solved?
Press THANKS if I helped!

Sent from my C6602 using xda premium
Xperia arc --> Xperia Z --> Xperia Z1

The Following User Says Thank You to gire.prasad For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
smash_07
Old
#6  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 111
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by gire.prasad View Post
Yes it is, it happens for all xperia models
Ll give you the idea
1. Install flashtool beta 5
2. Install Xperia Z flashmode and fastboot drivers from drivers folder of flashtool installation directory
3. Copy the ftf to firmwares folder
4. Don't connect the phone, now flash the ftf and wait till it prepares the files for flashing (believe me this WILL take a while)
5. Now when it asks to connect after preparing, switch off the device and connect by pressing the volume down button
6. Now it starts! Solved?
Press THANKS if I helped!

Sent from my C6602 using xda premium
Thank you for that guide

I followed your steps but the same happens, phone disconnects from flashmode to boot normally. I even tried using a Windows 7 pc but same issue.
However, if I use SUS phone remains connected and the process runs well. If i connect with flashtool (or without any programme at all) it will disconnect after some seconds,
THANKS is a button on the left side of this post, if I helped you then use and abuse of it! There are other THANKS buttons on other's posts too that you can use in the same manner, if you want
 
Futura2000
Old
(Last edited by Futura2000; 19th April 2013 at 01:37 PM.)
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 48
Posts: 200
Join Date: Dec 2010
smash_07 install pc companion and go through the steps for doing a software repair it will install the drivers, as the drivers dont always install properly from the flashtool drivers folder even though it says there installed, once the s1 boot drivers have installed cancel the software repair and then open flashtool and go through the normal steps and you should find it'll start flashing the software for you, as I had problems like you until I did what I posted, also make sure there is no other sony apps running as that can stop the flash from starting.

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app
 
gire.prasad
Old
(Last edited by gire.prasad; 19th April 2013 at 02:50 PM.)
#8  
gire.prasad's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 214
Posts: 819
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairborn

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by smash_07 View Post
Thank you for that guide

I followed your steps but the same happens, phone disconnects from flashmode to boot normally. I even tried using a Windows 7 pc but same issue.
However, if I use SUS phone remains connected and the process runs well. If i connect with flashtool (or without any programme at all) it will disconnect after some seconds,
Confused, it is normal that it gets disconnected after some time but it is so peculiar that it disconnects so fast! Try the solution posted by the other guy and share the solution, ll figure out another way if it fails

Ps: Before starting flashtool make sure that adb isn't running. Open task manager in windows, kill adb.exe if present and then open flashtool, follow the guide I posted earlier and when the part comes that the preparation of files is complete and when you connect your device, make sure that none of sony related apps are running (sus, pcc, emma). If they do, EXIT them first (closing them will minimise them to system tray so exit them from there). This also can be done before opening flashtool.
Sent from my C6602 using xda premium
Xperia arc --> Xperia Z --> Xperia Z1

 
smash_07
Old
#9  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 111
Join Date: Jul 2011
I did all you suggested but in the end i get always the same result, phone disconnects from flashboot shortly after connecting, eccept inside Sony Update Service or PC Companion.

I unistalled all the drivers, even Sony's apps a reinstalled PC companion to install the drivers again. I used another pc with Windows 7 32bits and I get the same behavior, disconnects from flashmode in about 30 seconds.

I'm starting to think that there's someting wrong with the phone itself, which i hope not.
THANKS is a button on the left side of this post, if I helped you then use and abuse of it! There are other THANKS buttons on other's posts too that you can use in the same manner, if you want
shadowboy23 Old
(Last edited by shadowboy23; 20th April 2013 at 01:08 AM.)
#10  
Guest
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by smash_07 View Post
I did all you suggested but in the end i get always the same result, phone disconnects from flashboot shortly after connecting, eccept inside Sony Update Service or PC Companion.

I unistalled all the drivers, even Sony's apps a reinstalled PC companion to install the drivers again. I used another pc with Windows 7 32bits and I get the same behavior, disconnects from flashmode in about 30 seconds.

I'm starting to think that there's someting wrong with the phone itself, which i hope not.
Where do you see the percentage when flashing?

I made a tutorial on HOW TO FLASH STOCK ROMs WITH FLASHTOOL and I don't see the percentage. It justs tells me that flashing is complete.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes