Notification LED and Stamina Mode

Search This thread

JPWOA

Feb 16, 2013
Hi everyone,

As you might notice, when you have Stamina Mode on you won't get LED notifications on your Xperia Z.

There’s a great app on the Play Store called Light Flow! This app let you personalize every type off notification with a vast set of colors!

The thing is, it only works with Stamina Mode off! Even if I have the application in the white list!

Anyone manage to make LED notifications work with Stamina Mode??

stefanve

Oct 12, 2005
Hi everyone,

As you might notice, when you have Stamina Mode on you won't get LED notifications on your Xperia Z.

There’s a great app on the Play Store called Light Flow! This app let you personalize every type off notification with a vast set of colors!

The thing is, it only works with Stamina Mode off! Even if I have the application in the white list!

Anyone manage to make LED notifications work with Stamina Mode??

the same part that is responsible for notifications is responsible for showing the led. I don't think this is a service that you can white list. So hopefully Sony will see this as an bug and exempt the notification service from stamina, it they are able to control this independent from the rest of the core os.

nobnut

Feb 27, 2010
the same part that is responsible for notifications is responsible for showing the led. I don't think this is a service that you can white list. So hopefully Sony will see this as an bug and exempt the notification service from stamina, it they are able to control this independent from the rest of the core os.

No no no.

It doesn't prevent the service.

It prevents other apps from running under the lockscreen so they never receive notifications to show.

Sony have already provided the solution, you can add apps to the white list so that they DO run under the lockscreen (and thereby receive notifications).

stefanve

Oct 12, 2005
No no no.

It doesn't prevent the service.

It prevents other apps from running under the lockscreen so they never receive notifications to show.

Sony have already provided the solution, you can add apps to the white list so that they DO run under the lockscreen (and thereby receive notifications).

yes but the LED doesn't work. That is the problem

TeeJayEss

Dec 12, 2010
Portsmouth
I used Light Flow on my GSIII and it caused massive battery drain, so I won't be using it on my XZ when it comes tomorrow...

tanoxxx

Feb 10, 2010
Florence
I've only tried it on email (I don't use Whatsapp). It worked for me.

hi nobnut
Thanks for your feedback..
can you please check if the led notification with stamina mode on work also for missed calls and sms?
Do you use some program for manage the led notification? like Ligthflow or others?
Thanks

Last edited:
G

GuestK00431

Notification light turns off in Stamina Mode so anyone claiming it still works is lying ;) - There's no way to use it, hopefully Sony will change this in 4.2.2 but somehow doubt it.

nobnut

Feb 27, 2010
You had better tell that to my device. It must be lying.

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

Do you have LED notification when you receive a SMS with Stamina Mode on?

No. It works only for my Corporate email account. Not for Gmail.

I've just tested SMS and it doesn't appear to work there.

Reactions: JPWOA

tanoxxx

Feb 10, 2010
Florence

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

hi nobnut
Thanks for your feedback..
can you please check if the led notification with stamina mode on work also for missed calls and sms?
Do you use some program for manage the led notification? like Ligthflow or others?
Thanks

nobnut

Feb 27, 2010
I tested properly a short while ago.

I hadn't thought twice about this before, as like I said, I receive notifications for my Corporate email account. I don't use this phone for personal use, so I hadn't tested SMS etc.

I tested a few apps earlier after I saw this thread and I can't find any others that trigger the LED notification in stamina mode.

Sorry if I mis-lead people before, I assumed that as it works for my email account, it would work for other apps.

EDIT: I don't use any other apps and am running a totally stock ROM and am not rooted as this is a work supplied device (not my choice of handset).

Reactions: tanoxxx

Team hammer

Dec 19, 2012
Belfast
power

my stamina mode wouldnt work it just said the same hours for wen it was on and off, and i had 2 do a reset to get it working again, any1 else had this problem

tanoxxx

Feb 10, 2010
Florence

I hadn't thought twice about this before, as like I said, I receive notifications for my Corporate email account. I don't use this phone for personal use, so I hadn't tested SMS etc.

I tested a few apps earlier after I saw this thread and I can't find any others that trigger the LED notification in stamina mode.

Sorry if I mis-lead people before, I assumed that as it works for my email account, it would work for other apps.

EDIT: I don't use any other apps and am running a totally stock ROM and am not rooted as this is a work supplied device (not my choice of handset).

Ok, Thanks :)

G

GuestK00431

Nope check Sony's video on it. Stamina does turn it off for good. It sucks, the mode does nothing for my battery life.

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got a question, how do I access the stamina mode white list?
    I can't find it on my Z settings. :eek:

Settings > Power management > Stamina mode (Tap on it) instead of just activating it by using the slider
    Hi,

I emailed Sony about the notification light not working in Stamina Mode, and they confirmed that this is an intentional design feature. Here is their response:

We can confirm that you will be unable to get the LED Notification light to work within this mode as when the LED light is going off when you have received a message or notification this will use up the battery life on your handset. Stamina mode will turn off any features or apps which may affect your battery performance which includes the notification light. If you turn off the Stamina Mode then this will allow the notification light to work again as normal.

However you may be able to download a 3rd Party application from the play store which may allow you to have a notification in stamina mode.

You would need to check the specifications on the applications and adapt the settings on the stamina menu.

I have emailed again to ask them to make this configurable. The more people that do so, the more chance we have of getting them to do something about it. Hint, hint :fingers-crossed:
    with stamina mode switched on an applications in white list? Only for sms and telephone calls or also for whatsapp and email etc?

I've only tried it on email (I don't use Whatsapp). It worked for me.

Do you have LED notification when you receive a SMS with Stamina Mode on?