Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,957 Members 53,560 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Notification LED and Stamina Mode

Tip us?

JPWOA
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Default Notification LED and Stamina Mode

Hi everyone,

As you might notice, when you have Stamina Mode on you won't get LED notifications on your Xperia Z.

There’s a great app on the Play Store called Light Flow! This app let you personalize every type off notification with a vast set of colors!

The thing is, it only works with Stamina Mode off! Even if I have the application in the white list!

Anyone manage to make LED notifications work with Stamina Mode??

ssj_jaypee
Old
Thanks Meter 132
I got a question, how do I access the stamina mode white list?
I can't find it on my Z settings.

Dsteppa
Old
Thanks Meter 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssj_jaypee View Post
I got a question, how do I access the stamina mode white list?
I can't find it on my Z settings.
Settings > Power management > Stamina mode (Tap on it) instead of just activating it by using the slider
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dsteppa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stefanve
Old
Thanks Meter 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPWOA View Post
Hi everyone,

As you might notice, when you have Stamina Mode on you won't get LED notifications on your Xperia Z.

There’s a great app on the Play Store called Light Flow! This app let you personalize every type off notification with a vast set of colors!

The thing is, it only works with Stamina Mode off! Even if I have the application in the white list!

Anyone manage to make LED notifications work with Stamina Mode??
the same part that is responsible for notifications is responsible for showing the led. I don't think this is a service that you can white list. So hopefully Sony will see this as an bug and exempt the notification service from stamina, it they are able to control this independent from the rest of the core os.

nobnut
Old
Thanks Meter 2,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanve View Post
the same part that is responsible for notifications is responsible for showing the led. I don't think this is a service that you can white list. So hopefully Sony will see this as an bug and exempt the notification service from stamina, it they are able to control this independent from the rest of the core os.
No no no.

It doesn't prevent the service.

It prevents other apps from running under the lockscreen so they never receive notifications to show.

Sony have already provided the solution, you can add apps to the white list so that they DO run under the lockscreen (and thereby receive notifications).

Never, ever conform
IOHWIRI

stefanve
Old
Thanks Meter 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobnut View Post
No no no.

It doesn't prevent the service.

It prevents other apps from running under the lockscreen so they never receive notifications to show.

Sony have already provided the solution, you can add apps to the white list so that they DO run under the lockscreen (and thereby receive notifications).
yes but the LED doesn't work. That is the problem

nobnut
Old
Thanks Meter 2,451
Mine does. No problem for me.

Never, ever conform
IOHWIRI

stefanve
Old
Thanks Meter 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobnut View Post
Mine does. No problem for me.
with stamina mode switched on an applications in white list? Only for sms and telephone calls or also for whatsapp and email etc?

TimmyRaa
Old
Thanks Meter 19
I used Light Flow on my GSIII and it caused massive battery drain, so I won't be using it on my XZ when it comes tomorrow...

nobnut
Old
Thanks Meter 2,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanve View Post
with stamina mode switched on an applications in white list? Only for sms and telephone calls or also for whatsapp and email etc?
I've only tried it on email (I don't use Whatsapp). It worked for me.

Never, ever conform
IOHWIRI

The Following User Says Thank You to nobnut For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]