5,601,062 Members 46,434 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [Play Store] Things that make me go mad

Tip us?

sunbriel
Old
(Last edited by sunbriel; 13th October 2013 at 05:02 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 672
Default [Q] [Play Store] Things that make me go mad

Well hello there, to anyone who's reading this.

Warning: This is not completely connected to Xperia Z, and neither is this just a troubleshooting thread, but it definitely contains some of both. Do not mistake this thread for hate-talk, fanboy-flame, or any other nonconstructive negative talk. This thread could fit in more than a few sections, but I decided to start it here, as it does concern Xperia Z. If mods decide it's not fit to be in Xperia Z Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting section - so be it. We'll sort it out, somehow.
Now, let's get to the point.

Google. A company that cares about its users' (privacy) - not. Up until now, I haven't had any major complaint about Google and their evil doings business strategy, as it hadn't been affecting me - well, at least not directly. But, I've finally come across something that-is-oh-so-Facebook-like that I can't understand why it's not there. A basic function that is missing from the big, complex picture (such as nonexistent native Android support for deleting all phone contacts with a single click). The basic function I'm talking about here is the ability to completely remove/detach device from a Google account. I had (still have, but will be passing it to a family member) an Xperia Arc that I connected to my Google account, but now I have Z, so I no longer need/want to have my old LT15i listed under the devices I own. I know there is a function to hide phones that are no longer in use from appearing in Play Store, but that's not what I (and an army of other angry Google users) want.
Okay, this is not the biggest problem the world has clashed with. I could live with just hiding phones I don't use anymore. But another problem emerged. This is where I could use some help of the awesome xda expert community here. My Z is attached to my G account, obviously. Well, at least it was. Ever since I updated phone to FW .67, Google doesn't list my phone in Play Store. But it's there under Dashboard section. In fact, there are two C6603s listed there - my Z before("last seen on Sep 25th") and after("last seen on Oct 13th" [today]) .67 update. The problem is, Play Store sees only the version before the update, and deliberately refuses to refresh the list to correspond to the current situation.
And how does that reflect in the reality?
If I click on "Install" and choose C6603 as the target device, the app never reaches the phone, of course.

I'm guessing the problem here is that the Google (for some reason) have different IMEIs listed for the two entries of my Xperia Z.

--> What I'm asking here is if anyone knows how to force Play Store to list my phone as it is now, at this moment, to reflect what's on Dashboard, so I can install apps using Play Store site.

Also, if you could please refrain from posts such as "don't use play store", and "just download apps through phone app".

Click for screenshots.

Aside from the above, there is one more problem I'm facing concerning Play Store app, which is far more frustrating and annoying.
I used to have two accounts linked to Z. I decided to completely get rid of the first one and only use the second one. But now the apps that I have downloaded with the first account refuse to appear under My Apps list, so I have to use 3rd party apps (AppBrain, in my case) to be notified of updates of unlisted apps. Even after a factory reset and TiBu restore, Play Store app refuses to show all my installed apps on the corresponding list (this method worked before with my Xperia Arc).

Does anyone know how to permanently attach the missing apps to the Play Store app?

Thanks in advance to anyone who didn't find this tl;dr and decide to help!

crazymister
Old
Thanks Meter 224
Try using market doctor from TiBu for restoring links to your account

Paid apps will never change to your other account though. You should really contact Google customer service for that.

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

sunbriel
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 672
I have already tried that, and I know that paid apps won't reattach. I need some other ideas here.

Sent from my Xperia Z

sunbriel
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 672
Bump

Sent from my Xperia Z

sunbriel
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 672
Bump