5,596,235 Members 35,900 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Please Help To Unbrick My Xperia Z!!

Tip us?

waterballoon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default Please Help To Unbrick My Xperia Z!!

Hi I have a C6603... rooted and running on ExistenZ ROM 4.5

I updated to V5 (Android 4.3/.569 firmware) successfully but without SIM card. Due to my OCD, I decided after putting my SIM card in, to do a factory reset on CWM, followed by reboot.

At the "Reboot System Now" screen, CWM asks me if I wanna retain root on device. I then realized I should just flash whole V5 zip, and SuperUser fix zip then run the ROM as normal. Thus I selected "Go Back"

In this instant, the phone shut down and when reboot, it stuck at SONY logo screen and refuses to boot into anything. I used Flashtool to flash .569 and .67 kernels but both doesn't work.

I also tried PC Companion and tried to "repair" the phone but since it can't even boot the programme just says the phone isn't connected.

What should I do now? I just need to be able to enter recovery..

gripfly
Old
Thanks Meter 176

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterballoon View Post
Hi I have a C6603... rooted and running on ExistenZ ROM 4.5

I updated to V5 (Android 4.3/.569 firmware) successfully but without SIM card. Due to my OCD, I decided after putting my SIM card in, to do a factory reset on CWM, followed by reboot.

At the "Reboot System Now" screen, CWM asks me if I wanna retain root on device. I then realized I should just flash whole V5 zip, and SuperUser fix zip then run the ROM as normal. Thus I selected "Go Back"

In this instant, the phone shut down and when reboot, it stuck at SONY logo screen and refuses to boot into anything. I used Flashtool to flash .569 and .67 kernels but both doesn't work.

I also tried PC Companion and tried to "repair" the phone but since it can't even boot the programme just says the phone isn't connected.

What should I do now? I just need to be able to enter recovery..
Try SUS, Sony Update Service. But I think you will loose your data, if I remember right.

Otherwise, what says flashtool If you try to flash the .67 firmware, not just the Kernel?
CORRECT ME IF I MAKE MISTAKES, I WANNA LEARN THIS LANGUAGE AND IF YOU CAN HELP ME I WILL BE THANKFUL!

thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to gripfly For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

waterballoon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by gripfly View Post
Try SUS, Sony Update Service. But I think you will loose your data, if I remember right.

Otherwise, what says flashtool If you try to flash the .67 firmware, not just the Kernel?
ahhhhh didn't think of flashing firmware!! I found a rooted 4.3/.569 firmware... managed to flash it. booting into it now. thank you so much for reminder