5,594,151 Members 45,660 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] please pardon if this isnt the right place to post this.......

Tip us?

asadkhanduhh
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] please pardon if this isnt the right place to post this.......

i am a U.S user of a factory unlocked xperia z, & i have yet to receive the android update.

i still enjoy the phone, but to see others receiving such an update, while im left without it, has become puzzling.

any resolution which does not involve flashing or boot unloading or whatever those intricate processes are?

thanks in advance !

Sander.
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Just be patient just like the rest who didn't received the update yet

Coirpre
Old
(Last edited by Coirpre; 21st January 2014 at 10:47 AM.)
Thanks Meter 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by asadkhanduhh View Post
i am a U.S user of a factory unlocked xperia z, & i have yet to receive the android update.

i still enjoy the phone, but to see others receiving such an update, while im left without it, has become puzzling.

any resolution which does not involve flashing or boot unloading or whatever those intricate processes are?

thanks in advance !
Have you tried a thethered update (with PC and Sony PC Companion)?

Else find out what Model (I'm guessing C6602) and customization number you have. Open the dialer and type *#*#SERVICE#*#* (*#*#7378423#*#*), then go to software info. the Customization Number is a 8 digit number of the form XXXX-XXXX. Then go to this thread and see if a update for your version exists. If it does, you should be able to get it via PC. If it doesn't you have two choices. Flash another (Generic) ROM or wait. I understand that you don't want to Flash because you are not familiar with the process, but it is certainly manageable by someone with average computer skills (patience, willingness to read and to double-check) which you seem to have.

EDIT: Just had a look at the "Latest firmware version per customization" thread. If you have a C6602 1271-0119 Generic US, you need to do the update via PC, the OTA update is not available yet.
↳A very nice read about how it is to work on CM and how Samsung is inhibiting progress: Click This!
Problems With CM10.1 on the SGSII?

Press thanks if I helped you.

gripfly
Old
Thanks Meter 176

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coirpre View Post
EDIT: Just had a look at the "Latest firmware version per customization" thread. If you have a C6602 1271-0119 Generic US, you need to do the update via PC, the OTA update is not available yet.
I think he need to update via EMMA(because the unlocked bootloader) and not via PCC or SUS.
CORRECT ME IF I MAKE MISTAKES, I WANNA LEARN THIS LANGUAGE AND IF YOU CAN HELP ME I WILL BE THANKFUL!

thanks

Coirpre
Old
Thanks Meter 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by gripfly View Post
I think he need to update via EMMA(because the unlocked bootloader) and not via PCC or SUS.
He specifically said that he did not want to unlock or flash. I interpreted factory unlocked as unbranded, because Sony would never "factory-unlock" a bootloader.
↳A very nice read about how it is to work on CM and how Samsung is inhibiting progress: Click This!
Problems With CM10.1 on the SGSII?

Press thanks if I helped you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Coirpre For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

asadkhanduhh
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coirpre View Post
He specifically said that he did not want to unlock or flash. I interpreted factory unlocked as unbranded, because Sony would never "factory-unlock" a bootloader.

thank you two for the help!

i will first check which kind of xperia i have, & then follow the recommended steps.

thanks again!

asadkhanduhh
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
i have just checked, & i already have the latest firmware available for my handset.

i guess its just the waiting game now!

thanks again for the guidance folks.