TWRP 2.8.3.0 Available for Supported Devices

The TeamWin Recovery Project (or TWRP, for short) has quickly become one of the most popular … more

Easily Generate and Export Material Design Palletes

For many people, it can be pretty difficult to create a palette of complementary colors. … more

Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] please pardon if this isnt the right place to post this.......

OP asadkhanduhh

21st January 2014, 05:42 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

71 posts
i am a U.S user of a factory unlocked xperia z, & i have yet to receive the android update.

i still enjoy the phone, but to see others receiving such an update, while im left without it, has become puzzling.

any resolution which does not involve flashing or boot unloading or whatever those intricate processes are?

thanks in advance !
21st January 2014, 09:14 AM   |  #2  
Flag Hilversum
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
Donate to Me
More
Just be patient just like the rest who didn't received the update yet
21st January 2014, 11:44 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 150

271 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asadkhanduhh

i am a U.S user of a factory unlocked xperia z, & i have yet to receive the android update.

i still enjoy the phone, but to see others receiving such an update, while im left without it, has become puzzling.

any resolution which does not involve flashing or boot unloading or whatever those intricate processes are?

thanks in advance !

Have you tried a thethered update (with PC and Sony PC Companion)?

Else find out what Model (I'm guessing C6602) and customization number you have. Open the dialer and type *#*#SERVICE#*#* (*#*#7378423#*#*), then go to software info. the Customization Number is a 8 digit number of the form XXXX-XXXX. Then go to this thread and see if a update for your version exists. If it does, you should be able to get it via PC. If it doesn't you have two choices. Flash another (Generic) ROM or wait. I understand that you don't want to Flash because you are not familiar with the process, but it is certainly manageable by someone with average computer skills (patience, willingness to read and to double-check) which you seem to have.

EDIT: Just had a look at the "Latest firmware version per customization" thread. If you have a C6602 1271-0119 Generic US, you need to do the update via PC, the OTA update is not available yet.
Last edited by Coirpre; 21st January 2014 at 11:47 AM.
22nd January 2014, 07:25 AM   |  #4  
Flag Country of cheese
Thanks Meter: 287

807 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coirpre

EDIT: Just had a look at the "Latest firmware version per customization" thread. If you have a C6602 1271-0119 Generic US, you need to do the update via PC, the OTA update is not available yet.

I think he need to update via EMMA(because the unlocked bootloader) and not via PCC or SUS.
22nd January 2014, 10:02 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 150

271 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gripfly

I think he need to update via EMMA(because the unlocked bootloader) and not via PCC or SUS.

He specifically said that he did not want to unlock or flash. I interpreted factory unlocked as unbranded, because Sony would never "factory-unlock" a bootloader.
The Following User Says Thank You to Coirpre For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd January 2014, 05:27 PM   |  #6  
OP Member

71 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coirpre

He specifically said that he did not want to unlock or flash. I interpreted factory unlocked as unbranded, because Sony would never "factory-unlock" a bootloader.

thank you two for the help!

i will first check which kind of xperia i have, & then follow the recommended steps.

thanks again!
22nd January 2014, 05:34 PM   |  #7  
OP Member

71 posts
i have just checked, & i already have the latest firmware available for my handset.

i guess its just the waiting game now!

thanks again for the guidance folks.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread