Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,448 Members 40,639 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No Signal problem

Tip us?

SĐF
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidtweaker1 View Post
Does not mean that the antenna is broken, can be a loose contact also
You are getting the pin prompt because the sim reader is working properly
it is unable to register to network because of antenna issue, better you show it at a mobile shop than doing self diagnosis
I just disassembled and assembled the whole phone... all parts seems to be fine but i still dont know where the antenna is located
And i am deffinitely sure that if i will come to mobile shop their diagnosis will be "Main board failure" thats all... that means about 200 $ + -_- mobile store won't help me.

*Sorry for my English*
I am proud owner of Xperia S
My devices:
Xperia Z - 4.4.2 Stock, Rooted, Deodexed, CWM, SuperUser, Locked BT
Xperia S - Stock 4.1.2 JB .96, Locked BT, Rooted,CWM,Deodexed, Honami Style Apps
Xperia X8 - Rooted - FroyoBread v023b - pinch to zoom - Xrecovery - oc 768 Mhz Locked BT
I am not responsible for bricking your phone, voiding your warranty or any damage on your device.

androidtweaker1
Old
Thanks Meter 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by SĐF View Post
I just disassembled and assembled the whole phone... all parts seems to be fine but i still dont know where the antenna is located
And i am deffinitely sure that if i will come to mobile shop their diagnosis will be "Main board failure" thats all... that means about 200 $ + -_- mobile store won't help me.
Antenna should be something like this
Hit thanks if helped

“You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you ― John Bunyan”

Current Devices
Sony Xperia Z:Stock 4.4.4 Rooted
Samsung Galaxy Nexus: Dirty Unicorns
The Following User Says Thank You to androidtweaker1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SĐF
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Antenna should be something like this
Ok, i will order it this week and let know if it made any change. i thought its this http://www.parts4repair.com/antenna-...xperia-z-l36h/

*Sorry for my English*
My devices:
Xperia S - Stock 4.1.2 JB .96, Locked BT, Rooted,CWM,Deodexed, Honami Style Apps
Xperia X8 - Rooted - FroyoBread v023b - pinch to zoom - Xrecovery - oc 768 Mhz Locked BT
I am not responsible for bricking your phone, voiding your warranty or any damage on your device.

androidtweaker1
Old
Thanks Meter 248
Quote:
Ok, i will order it this week and let know if it made any change. i thought its this http://www.parts4repair.com/antenna-...xperia-z-l36h/
My bad bro I had linked you to the antenna cover page by mistake.
The part link that you have gave me is the one you should be ordering
Hit thanks if helped

“You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you ― John Bunyan”

Current Devices

SĐF
Old
(Last edited by SĐF; 22nd July 2014 at 12:16 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
My bad bro I had linked you to the antenna cover page by mistake.
The part link that you have gave me is the one you should be ordering
Ok, i was thinking it i will post some reply if i will repair it.

*Sorry for my English*
My devices:

androidtweaker1
Old
Thanks Meter 248
Quote:
Ok, i was thinking it i will post some reply when if i will repair it.
Hit thanks if helped

Current Devices

andrews317
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Hello guys.

I am having a similar problem with a C6602. I bought it on ebay like mint, unlocked, and I checked the IMEI is not blocked or blacklisted. I am using it out of the US. In my country, there;s two main carriers that work one on 850MHz and the other on 1900MHz. Both are covered by the C6602 on 3G networks.

When I insert a SIM card from the 1900MHz carrier it works without any issues, but with a SIM card from the 850MHz carrier it wont. It detects the SIM card but wont give a network connection.

Any clues?
Phone: LG Nexus 5
Stock 4.4.2

Device history
iPhone 3Gs - HTC Inspire 4G - Motorola Atrix 4G - Nokia Lumia 610 - Nokia Lumia 900 - Motorola Atrix HD - LG Nexus 4 - LG Nexus 5

SĐF
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Today something interesting happened..
I have found my old Sim card when cleaningy room, well I tried to put it in my Z and lol? I've got 2 bars of signal for about 10seconds... Hmm very interesting, so I rebooted the phone and it happened again but this time I went to settings and manually tried to register to network... Successfully
Then I changed this Sim for the second one which I tried many times. Not sure how, but it was working I can make calls, Internet is working.
. But only when I am not home, if I for example stay with the phone outside I have 2-3 bars sometimes all, but when I am in any building I have no signal or sometimes 1bar, when I used the same Sim card in different phone I had full signal in places where now I have one or zero. Any help?

*Sorry for my English*
My devices:

Dhicky
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default my problem

Quote:
Today something interesting happened..
I have found my old Sim card when cleaningy room, well I tried to put it in my Z and lol? I've got 2 bars of signal for about 10seconds... Hmm very interesting, so I rebooted the phone and it happened again but this time I went to settings and manually tried to register to network... Successfully
Then I changed this Sim for the second one which I tried many times. Not sure how, but it was working I can make calls, Internet is working.
. But only when I am not home, if I for example stay with the phone outside I have 2-3 bars sometimes all, but when I am in any building I have no signal or sometimes 1bar, when I used the same Sim card in different phone I had full signal in places where now I have one or zero. Any help?
I have the same problem like you, i switch to other sim cards, but nothing, lucky you to managed it to work with your old simcard, i really want to know if u have changed ur antenna board? and was it solve the problem that many people have? thank you