5,596,568 Members 41,835 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Problems installing CM11 Freexperia

Tip us?
 
Chingolito
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Oct 2012
Default [Q] Problems installing CM11 Freexperia

Hi,

Tried and managed to install Omni, MoKee Open sourse 4.4.2 and AOKP kitkat 4.4 without any problems. Now I really wanna try the Freexperia project rom. Seems pretty simple itīs just that I cant get into the recovery after flashing the boot.img. Tried the CM10.1 img and CM11 img but after flashing the img and tried to reboot it just doesnīt. Cant get to the recovery and don't see the freexperia logo either. Anyone can plis tell me want can be wrong??

/ CJ
 
Techpenguin5
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 77
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: colombo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingolito View Post
Hi,

Tried and managed to install Omni, MoKee Open sourse 4.4.2 and AOKP kitkat 4.4 without any problems. Now I really wanna try the Freexperia project rom. Seems pretty simple itīs just that I cant get into the recovery after
flashing the boot.img. Tried the CM10.1 img and CM11 img but after flashing the img and tried to reboot it just doesnīt. Cant get to the recovery and don't see the freexperia logo either. Anyone can plis tell me want can be wrong??

/ CJ
Do you get the Sony screen at least or is it completely black. If possible re download the latest free Xperia rom again and use the mokee roms boot.Img using fastest flash the boot.img then flash the freexperia rom worked every time for me if u still encounter an issue go to the official cyanide mod page CM11 official nightlies are available give the latest build from there a shot

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techpenguin5 View Post
Do you get the Sony screen at least or is it completely black. If possible re download the latest free Xperia rom again and use the mokee roms boot.Img using fastest flash the boot.img then flash the freexperia rom worked every time for me if u still encounter an issue go to the official cyanide mod page CM11 official nightlies are available give the latest build from there a shot
Forgive my spellings autocorrect is still settling in
Fastboot*
Cyanogen*

If the free Xperia boot screen doesn't show up it means the boot.img didn't flash properly further more if you flashed the rom and the free Xperia screen still didn't come that means either you flashed it wrong which I doubt or it is a bad zip..... Therefore re download and try
 
Chingolito
Old
(Last edited by Chingolito; 2nd January 2014 at 02:16 PM.)
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Oct 2012
Dont get the Sony logo on the screen either. I'll try the mokee img didn't occur to me. But was thinking about using the flashtool application instead of going thrue the commando tool. Yeah I think the problem that it didn't flash properly, but it's strange cuz I tried it like 10-12 times but
still can't reach the recovery and the screen just stays black and the red light is on. Any other suggestions??

/ CJ
 
Techpenguin5
Old
#4  
Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 77
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: colombo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingolito View Post
Dont get the Sony logo on the screen either. I'll try the mokee img didn't occur to me. But was thinking about using the flashtool application instead of going thrue the commando tool. Yeah I think the problem that it didn't flash properly, but it's strange cuz I tried it like 10-12 times but
still can't reach the recovery and the screen just stays black and the red light is on. Any other suggestions??

/ CJ
By red light is on what do you exactly mean, is it on when you try to turn the phone on
and yeah it looks like your only option is flashtool, considering your able to use fastboot
i am guessing you will be able to get into flashmode, just flash back to stock and then you may
try copying on the rom and then using fastboot to flash the mokee boot then flash the cm rom

hope this helped
 
Chingolito
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Oct 2012
Sorry with red light I meant that when I after flashing write reboot in the command prompt and the phone tries to reboot just the red led goes and the phones stays in that position. Doesn't go on to the sony logo and so on. I've got the MoKee rom at the moment should I still flash back the stock rom or can I go right from the mokee rom and I use It's img to get to recovery?!

Thanx / CJ
 
Chingolito
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Oct 2012
Thanx man now it's all working just great, was some dum mistakes I did, thanx anyway, cheers
 
Techpenguin5
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 77
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: colombo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingolito View Post
Thanx man now it's all working just great, was some dum mistakes I did, thanx anyway, cheers
LOL, alright bro have fun

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Sony Xperia Z, ZL, ZR, and Tablet Z to Receive Official KitKat Update in May

It’s no secret that although Sony is one of the most … more

Force Translucent Status Bar in KitKat ROMs with Xposed

It’s been a while since Android 4.4KitKat wasreleased, and we’re slowly … more

Fix the Ambient Light Issues on Your Google Nexus 5 using Xposed

The Google Nexus 5 is a great and rather popular device. This LG-produced … more

Google Glass XE16 Update Factory Image and Rooted Bootloader Now Available

You may recall that early yesterday, we talked about the XE16 … more