Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,645 Members 38,546 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[q] xperia z (c6603) 4.3 gps not working

Tip us?

mattds
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Exclamation [q] xperia z (c6603) 4.3 gps not working

Hello All,

I own an XPERIA Z (C6603 - European LTE) updated to 4.3 android version, and GPS is not working. GPS did not work with JellyBean 4.2 as well. I tested it outdoor, and I live in New York so it is not an issue of satellite coverage. Also, I tried to purge assistant data for GPS in the service menu, and nothing changes. Sometime the phone manage to get "Location set by GPS", but it only last for a couple of minutes and then it stukc on "searching for GPS" forever.

Can someone pls help me to fix this issue?

Thanks,
Matt.

Cenobite_
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattds View Post
Hello All,

I own an XPERIA Z (C6603 - European LTE) updated to 4.3 android version, and GPS is not working. GPS did not work with JellyBean 4.2 as well. I tested it outdoor, and I live in New York so it is not an issue of satellite coverage. Also, I tried to purge assistant data for GPS in the service menu, and nothing changes. Sometime the phone manage to get "Location set by GPS", but it only last for a couple of minutes and then it stukc on "searching for GPS" forever.

Can someone pls help me to fix this issue?

Thanks,
Matt.
It sounds to me like it's a hardware problem. I never had any problem with both 4.2 and 4.3 roms. Stock rom and rooted.
Model: Sony Xperia Z
Rom: Stock 10.3.1.A.0.244
The Following User Says Thank You to Cenobite_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
gps, xperia z