No registration required

[q] xperia z (c6603) 4.3 gps not working

OP mattds

24th February 2014, 03:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27

120 posts
Hello All,

I own an XPERIA Z (C6603 - European LTE) updated to 4.3 android version, and GPS is not working. GPS did not work with JellyBean 4.2 as well. I tested it outdoor, and I live in New York so it is not an issue of satellite coverage. Also, I tried to purge assistant data for GPS in the service menu, and nothing changes. Sometime the phone manage to get "Location set by GPS", but it only last for a couple of minutes and then it stukc on "searching for GPS" forever.

Can someone pls help me to fix this issue?

Thanks,
Matt.
25th February 2014, 08:50 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 46

357 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattds

Hello All,

I own an XPERIA Z (C6603 - European LTE) updated to 4.3 android version, and GPS is not working. GPS did not work with JellyBean 4.2 as well. I tested it outdoor, and I live in New York so it is not an issue of satellite coverage. Also, I tried to purge assistant data for GPS in the service menu, and nothing changes. Sometime the phone manage to get "Location set by GPS", but it only last for a couple of minutes and then it stukc on "searching for GPS" forever.

Can someone pls help me to fix this issue?

Thanks,
Matt.

It sounds to me like it's a hardware problem. I never had any problem with both 4.2 and 4.3 roms. Stock rom and rooted.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cenobite_ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gps, xperia z
Previous Thread Next Thread