[Q&A] [ROM] [4.4.4] ParanoidAndroid 4+

Search This thread

seky2205

Nov 1, 2014
paranoid android 4.6 beta 5 xperia z mobile data problem

Hi, I have problem with my mobile data. No matter what apn settings i try i stuck on getting and losing my mobile data and whenever mobile data is turned on app called phone is keeping my phone awake and draining my battery
Is there something to do or should i try flashing stable version and if i have to flash it please explain me how. I am new to this. Thank you

Ok.. I solved it with this http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=56243072&postcount=1335

Last edited:

seky2205

Nov 1, 2014
mobile data flickering

Today when i got into town the problem happened again. It happened to me in stock rom too. I found out that it is happening when i get into LTE area and I do not have access to it. I solved it on stock rom by chosing 3g as preffered network type. Problem is it is not working on this rom. My wifi is also on all the time, but i turned it off

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-05-08-05-40.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-05-08-05-40.png
    180.7 KB · Views: 151

thenotorious

Oct 12, 2011
Just installed the rom, loving it so far but having some problems!

First of all, how do I change like the general settings of the launcher etc.? For example; I want to change which homescreen is the 'main' screen when I press the home button.
Also, does anybody have an idea how I disable the new 'recents design'?
And at last, how do I enable the dynamic system bars as shown on this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHQ9gdKT47M

Thank you!

HerrLan4

Oct 13, 2014
Just installed the rom, loving it so far but having some problems!

First of all, how do I change like the general settings of the launcher etc.? For example; I want to change which homescreen is the 'main' screen when I press the home button.
Also, does anybody have an idea how I disable the new 'recents design'?
And at last, how do I enable the dynamic system bars as shown on this video?

Thank you!
I can't help you regarding the launcher as I'm using another one. You can go to Settings --> Backup and reset --> Reset preferences and reset the recent card stack overview which will show the Pop-Up to chose the recents overview again the next time you use it.
The dynamic system bars can be found in Settings --> Display.

Reactions: thenotorious

drasonting

Nov 3, 2010
Flashing Kernel and ROM together

Hi I am getting rid of the Stock rom and flashed PA5 but found it is still a little bit buggy so i am going back to PA4+, just wondering if i want to flash the lightening kernel together with PA4, both the files contain a different boot.img, so the procedure of flashing should be

flash the lightening kernel boot.IMG file
flash the normal version 1 in recovery
flash the overclock file.
flash the PA4 rom and then GApps.

OR

flash the lightening kernel boot.IMG file
flash the normal version 1 in recovery
flash the overclock file.
flash the PA4 boot.img file
flash the PA4 rom and then GApps.

i tried to search but not find something related, maybe i am not smart enough :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try use different kernel

Wysłane z mojego Xperia Z przy użyciu Tapatalka
    Ok thanks... Any suggestions of an energy saving Kernel? Can I use the ones made for CM?

You can use lighting inteliplug kernel or KMA kernel if you use custom ROM( cm, pa..) On stock based custom ROM search on xda because I'm not sure with one is working :)

Wysłane z mojego Xperia Z przy użyciu Tapatalka
    Hm, I tried lightning with two different roms (PA and PAC) and it didn't solve the problem... I guess I'll have to try the kma kernel tomorrow or is there something I could try with Kernel Tweaker App? I already lowered the CPU Frequency to max 1242 MHz.

You could also try a clean flash. Maybe try wiping the sd card too.

Sent from my Xperia Z using XDA Free mobile app
    Hi guys

I'm having troubles with PA 4.6 on my Yuga.

On PA 4.6 Beta 4 my screen turns black whenever there's a hover notification or the volume bar poping up. And music and sounds lag (in lack of a better word).
    On Beta 5 these problems are gone but i have problems with mobile data connection. Bad signal and mobile data connection comes and goes. 3G at max and no stable connection.
    I did full wipes before flashing each version.
    I can upload a video if that would help.
    I'm from germany, my carrier is Congstar, that's basicaly cheap T-Mobile.

Does anyone else have these problems and can help me?

Thanks and regards

shorty
    You could try using the libril.so supplied by SuperHanss in this post. ;)

Sent from my C6603