Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,641 Members 44,012 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Quick question about using Flashtool to upgrade with minimal backup and restore

Tip us?

Hvilsted
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Default [Q] Quick question about using Flashtool to upgrade with minimal backup and restore

I'm on NUTs 10.4.B.0.569 with Doomlords Advanced Kernel, bootloader unlocked and rootet. I can't upgrade via PCC because of this.

Will someone just briefly tell me if I can download any generic 10.4.1.B.0.101 and flash it with Flashtool WITHOUT wiping internal SD and not wiping /data? Also, I have made some modifications with Xposed Framework, like ring on lock screen with shortcuts, flip settings and smaller soft keys.

Is there any way to keep these modifications?

What I would really like to do is to download a generic 10.4.1.B.0.101, flash it with Flashtool without losing my settings, and then flash Doomlords Advanced Kernel with CWM and root it - and then not having to redo all of my modifications.

Regards,
Hvilsted

Rzr92
Old
Thanks Meter 64

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hvilsted View Post
I'm on NUTs 10.4.B.0.569 with Doomlords Advanced Kernel, bootloader unlocked and rootet. I can't upgrade via PCC because of this.

Will someone just briefly tell me if I can download any generic 10.4.1.B.0.101 and flash it with Flashtool WITHOUT wiping internal SD and not

Regards,
Hvilsted
You can download NUT''s new rom and just flash it via recovery it will save you all the hassle of using flashtool

Hvilsted
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzr92 View Post
You can download NUT''s new rom and just flash it via recovery it will save you all the hassle of using flashtool
But that will wipe my /data and internal SD will it not?

Rzr92
Old
Thanks Meter 64

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hvilsted View Post
But that will wipe my /data and internal SD will it not?
Nope it wont
but before flashing it just wipe your cache and dalvik cache
Tags
flashtool help