XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Not reading sim after Flashtool + new rom

Tip us?

o0c0mrade0o
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Not reading sim after Flashtool + new rom

I hate my first thread in a new forum to be a "please help im a noob and f**ked up" but here i go anyway

I've had the xperia Z c6603 for a few months everything's fine, Then it randomly got stuck in a boot loop, no way out including a hard restart didn't stop it.
* Used sony update to reinstall the latest firmware this led to "process system not responding" on start up.
* Used Flashtool to install C6603_10.1.A.1.434_UK unbranded the phone now works but with "please insert sim" and restarts with the sim in only to ask me to reinsert the sim again.
* I have tried C6603_10.3.1.A.2.67_CE this also leaves we with "process system not responding" and i have retried sony update with the same error again.

My uneducated guess is either a hardware problem, which is unlikely as the phone was 100% before the bootlooping and hadn't been dropped or under any added stress ect or something to do with the baseband/imei as these words have popped up a couple times whilst searching the forums lol , if it helps looking in "about phone" tells me "baseband version unknown"

This is all new to me but i like to think im a little smarter then your average noob , Any help or ideas on where to go next would be hugly appreciated, Chears peeps

o0c0mrade0o
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ok after more exploration and learning what the baseband not showing up means and also finding the same for my imei, I'm thinking i need to restore the TA.img but ive hit another sticking point.
Following rickwyatt's method found here ive rooted my xperia, no dramas there but when i run Backup-TA i get this,

/dev/block/mmcblkop1: cannot open for read: permission denied

This is the md5 for phones TA md5sum: 'can't open '/dev/block/mmcblk0p1': Permission denied

Remote object 'sdcard/TA/img' does not xist (sic)

This is the md5 for the TA backup cannot open input file c:\Backup-TA\tools\backup\TA.img

The phone is still under warranty so can be sent off if i have to but as it's xmas thats going to be a pain ...and besides i don't want to be defeated after 2 days of reading everything i can find about my phone lol

CiscoX
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by o0c0mrade0o View Post
Ok after more exploration and learning what the baseband not showing up means and also finding the same for my imei, I'm thinking i need to restore the TA.img but ive hit another sticking point.
Following rickwyatt's method found here ive rooted my xperia, no dramas there but when i run Backup-TA i get this,

/dev/block/mmcblkop1: cannot open for read: permission denied

This is the md5 for phones TA md5sum: 'can't open '/dev/block/mmcblk0p1': Permission denied

Remote object 'sdcard/TA/img' does not xist (sic)

This is the md5 for the TA backup cannot open input file c:\Backup-TA\tools\backup\TA.img

The phone is still under warranty so can be sent off if i have to but as it's xmas thats going to be a pain ...and besides i don't want to be defeated after 2 days of reading everything i can find about my phone lol
Use this backup after rooting your phone, but before you unlock your bootloader

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2292598
- Xperia Z (C6603) v.10.4.1.B.0.101 (Jelly Bean 4.3)

Rom: Stock
Kernel: Stock
Rooted: YES
Unlocked Bootloader: NO
Memory Card: ScanDisk Extreme microSDHC 32GB 80/50MB/s class 10

Other phones: Xperia GO(ST27i), Xperia Tipo(ST21i) & Xperia Active(ST17i)

o0c0mrade0o
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiscoX View Post
Use this backup after rooting your phone, but before you unlock your bootloader

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2292598
Thanks for the reply, I figured where i was going wrong when using Backup-TA. i was trying to run "adbd insecure" on my computer instead of the phone, massive face palm moment but i now have my TA back up safe and sound, although restoring it hasn't helped so im going to flash the phone and start afresh then restore my TA back up and see if that cures it ....

o0c0mrade0o
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Restoring the Ta hasn't made a difference, I've also tried C6603_110.1.1.A.1.253 as its the oldest firmware i could find for the Z on here as I'm sure i read somewhere sometimes the old firmware will help bring back the imei, maybe the launch firmware could help? Other then that I'm out of ideas now, and any search's for "lost imei and baseband" ect bring up threads that all point to the phone being a lost cause.