Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,562 Members 53,659 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Recovery wont mount storage

Tip us?

Roscobigfoot
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default [Q] Recovery wont mount storage

I'm on a C6603 with an Unlocked Bootloader running 10.5.A.0.230 from an FTF flash.

I flashed this recovery's boot.img via fastboot and it worked fine. Went in to recovery and it can't flash anything. The internal storage only shows default folders but it claims they are all empty. SD Card wont mount at all, when I click on it it just hangs for like 30 seconds then errors saying unable to mount. I'm guessing this may be due to not flashing the full zip and only the boot.img? If so, how do I go about flashing the full zip since my recovery wont find it? I amen't rooted since I can't flash the SU APK & Binary zip in recovery...

Any ideas on how to fix recovery then gain root? (I'm having the battery drain issue and I can't live with like 2 hours screen off time)

androidtweaker1
Old
Thanks Meter 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscobigfoot View Post
I'm on a C6603 with an Unlocked Bootloader running 10.5.A.0.230 from an FTF flash.

I flashed this recovery's boot.img via fastboot and it worked fine. Went in to recovery and it can't flash anything. The internal storage only shows default folders but it claims they are all empty. SD Card wont mount at all, when I click on it it just hangs for like 30 seconds then errors saying unable to mount. I'm guessing this may be due to not flashing the full zip and only the boot.img? If so, how do I go about flashing the full zip since my recovery wont find it? I amen't rooted since I can't flash the SU APK & Binary zip in recovery...

Any ideas on how to fix recovery then gain root? (I'm having the battery drain issue and I can't live with like 2 hours screen off time)
Try a different recovery like twrp
For twrp img file click here
Hit thanks if helped

“You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you ― John Bunyan”

Current Devices
Sony Xperia Z:Stock 4.4.4 Rooted
Samsung Galaxy Nexus: Dirty Unicorns

Roscobigfoot
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidtweaker1 View Post
Try a different recovery like twrp
For twrp img file click here
The install instructions, if you could actually call them that, are horrendously worded. Any more understandable ones? (I'm not a noob, I'm pretty experienced, those instructions are truly just ****ty)...

yandz
Old
Thanks Meter 5
uninstall recovery & reinstall latest xzdual recovery by nut.

kingvortex
Old
Thanks Meter 2,298
Try Dual Boot recovery with Philz Touch CWM Advanced Edition and TWRP by @shoey63

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk