Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

[Q] Red light of death, help!

OP sebastianlow

3rd June 2014, 05:06 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 20

446 posts
More
Just now I was watching a few videos on my XZ, the battery went flat and I charged it for awhile. I tried turning on the phone after that and I could not power it on at all. I tried using the volume up/down + power hard reset thing and it would not reset. What can I do to save this phone?
3rd June 2014, 05:18 PM   |  #2  
Flag Frankfurt
Thanks Meter: 141

598 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastianlow

Just now I was watching a few videos on my XZ, the battery went flat and I charged it for awhile. I tried turning on the phone after that and I could not power it on at all. I tried using the volume up/down + power hard reset thing and it would not reset. What can I do to save this phone?

Charge it for 24 hours
The Following User Says Thank You to St.Jimmy90 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd June 2014, 05:33 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 260

828 posts
Quote:

if anything does not workout try flashing stock rom
3rd June 2014, 06:28 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 4

23 posts
Battery Full
Quote:

Leave it be for 24-48 hours.
Plug it in the charger, if nothing happens, unplug it and try again a few hours later. If after 3 tries nothing happens, just plug it in and leave it be for a day or 2 and see what happens.

Li-Ion batteries are known for their safety circuit that is built-in, which prevents an absolute discharge of the battery, which would damage the battery and make fireworks as soon as you would recharge it. They prevent it by stopping the current flow, and usually it's really no big deal, unless you have a sealed phone like we do...

In the worst case, a phone service would need to open up the phone, and boost the battery with a diagnostic tool such as those from Cadex.
It will cost you a service fee + back cover gasket (gasket costs approx 5 - 20 dollars, depends on how hard the shop wants to rip you off).

The reason for you to wait, is because the battery can regain some charge, as in collect the last bits. Remember how dead batteries would still give quite strong light in a flashlight that was completely empty the day before? Just that little amount would be enough to unlock the battery again and you'll be able to charge it.

Be patient, otherwise try a service and ask for a battery boost, in case they find out it's a sleeping battery.
The Following User Says Thank You to emiglet For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th June 2014, 12:04 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Singapore

446 posts
More
Ok thanks for the tips. I'll try and see how it goes.
4th June 2014, 01:38 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Singapore

446 posts
More
It worked! Thanks guys!
4th June 2014, 06:25 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 260

828 posts
Quote: