FORUMS

Hands-on With T-Mo LG G4 and Q&A

XDA Senior Member WinDroidGuy posted a hands-on video of the T-Mobile LG G4, and he is now … more

Quick Notes – Notification Panel Reminders

This app by XDA Senior Member yogi.306 is a quick and productive tool that … more

Who Is Your Favorite YouTuber That Covers Mobile?

There are dozens of talented YouTubers who cover mobile, but we want to know which … more

Galaxy S6 Shipping with Different Camera Models

One of the Galaxy S6’s most flaunted features is its spectacular camera, its 16MP … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[REQ] Lock screen so it can't be pressed but still on to watch video

1st September 2014, 03:02 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Hi Guys

Does anyone know of an app that will let you lock the screen of your phone but still leave it playing and showing what it was before, like vide?

Example:

I have an "ABC song and video" I downloaded for my 16 month old son. He loves he, it keeps him happy and entertained for 10 mins at a time (Which is a long long time at that age ha), the trouble is, in that 10 mins he inevitably gets a bit excited and pokes the screen, or picks it up. This pauses the video and ofc he doesnt know how to resume. I need an app that would like float over the top or something that makes it so if he presses the screen nothing happens. Functionally, to unlock it it'd be nice to press the lock button (Which would cause the phone to lock fully) and then be unlocked normally.

Anyone know if that is possible, or if it already exists?

Thanks

Adam
 
 
1st September 2014, 09:35 PM |#2  
Zewarxx's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Maykop
Thanks Meter: 56
 
More
😀😊

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...videoplayer.ad

Sent from my Xperia Z using XDA Free mobile app
2nd September 2014, 11:51 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zewarxx

😀😊

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...videoplayer.ad

Sent from my Xperia Z using XDA Free mobile app

Thank you very much I had MX player already but I didnt know about the kids lock plugin app.

That was only an example though, there's other things like watching random stuff on youtube, or general gallery video's which would be nice to lock too.

If someone would want to make 1, there isnt anything like it and I would pay 5 for it if i could lock any app working like the kids lock on MX player does.

Thanks

Adam
2nd September 2014, 12:43 PM |#4  
Zewarxx's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Maykop
Thanks Meter: 56
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkm

Thank you very much I had MX player already but I didnt know about the kids lock plugin app.

That was only an example though, there's other things like watching random stuff on youtube, or general gallery video's which would be nice to lock too.

If someone would want to make 1, there isnt anything like it and I would pay 5 for it if i could lock any app working like the kids lock on MX player does.

Thanks

Adam

you can try this one to play the video in floating mod but i dont know if it woks while the screen is locked
5th September 2014, 08:25 PM |#5  
zviki's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Maribor
Thanks Meter: 203
 
Donate to Me
More
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...c.touchblocker
or Touch blocker or... The key word for search is "touch",not "screen"

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
8th September 2014, 04:37 PM |#6  
Ticklefish's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 4,641
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkm

Hi Guys

Does anyone know of an app that will let you lock the screen of your phone but still leave it playing and showing what it was before, like vide?

Example:

I have an "ABC song and video" I downloaded for my 16 month old son. He loves he, it keeps him happy and entertained for 10 mins at a time (Which is a long long time at that age ha), the trouble is, in that 10 mins he inevitably gets a bit excited and pokes the screen, or picks it up. This pauses the video and ofc he doesnt know how to resume. I need an app that would like float over the top or something that makes it so if he presses the screen nothing happens. Functionally, to unlock it it'd be nice to press the lock button (Which would cause the phone to lock fully) and then be unlocked normally.

Anyone know if that is possible, or if it already exists?

Thanks

Adam

MX Player has a kids lock option.. And I think you can put videos onto loop as well..

Be warned though, you will soon regret it. My eldest son is a big fan of the CBeebies app and I swear I now know every word by heart...
30th September 2014, 05:09 PM |#7  
gregbradley's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag King Grumpy Lord from Frown Town, Grumpy Land
Thanks Meter: 5,094
 
Donate to Me
More
Please post questions in the Q&A section

Thread moved
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes