Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,557 Members 46,377 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [REQ]Transparent statusbar and navbar for nova launcher running on stock.569

Tip us?

rer3
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 44
Default [Q] [REQ]Transparent statusbar and navbar for nova launcher running on stock.569

Is there any way to make transparent statusbar and navbar for nova launcher running on stock.569 ?

I've tried xposed with gravitybox, seems not working with 4.3.
Sony Xperia Z C6602
Unlocked
XzK v24
Rajeev's Stock Dedodexed & Zipaligned 10.5.A.0.230 v2

XZ Kitkat 4.4.2. systemUI mod
feat. Hatsune Miku bootanimation for XZ and friends

ronak47
Old
Thanks Meter 51
+1

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
"Excellence is my presence"

glasseffects
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by rer3 View Post
Is there any way to make transparent statusbar and navbar for nova launcher running on stock.569 ?

I've tried xposed with gravitybox, seems not working with 4.3.
This issue exists with Xperia roms ever since they decided that the native apps could change the colour of the Navbar (Navbar colour syncs with the Walkman background hue). Perhaps third party launchers need to include a code to relay an alpha tint to the Navbar to make it transparent or translucent.

At the moment Tinted Status Bar works for Navbar transparency. You need to change the default hue for Navbar in settings. But the effects are transient and you need to launch a stock application like dealer or messaging to observe the effects. Once you reboot, the Navbar defaults to black.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glasseffects For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rer3
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by glasseffects View Post
This issue exists with Xperia roms ever since they decided that the native apps could change the colour of the Navbar (Navbar colour syncs with the Walkman background hue). Perhaps third party launchers need to include a code to relay an alpha tint to the Navbar to make it transparent or translucent.

At the moment Tinted Status Bar works for Navbar transparency. You need to change the default hue for Navbar in settings. But the effects are transient and you need to launch a stock application like dealer or messaging to observe the effects. Once you reboot, the Navbar defaults to black.
I'll just wait for gravitybox to overcome this bug, thanks for the reply though.
Sony Xperia Z C6602
Unlocked
XzK v24
Rajeev's Stock Dedodexed & Zipaligned 10.5.A.0.230 v2

XZ Kitkat 4.4.2. systemUI mod
feat. Hatsune Miku bootanimation for XZ and friends

krazzyvishal
Old
Thanks Meter 245

DONATE TO ME
Sony has blocked non Sony apps from using the transparent status and navigation bars in the 4.3 firmware. I just contacted Kevin Barry, the developer of Nova Launcher in this regard and asked him whether the launcher needs an update to get it on 4.3 or has Sony restricted it? He said it's Sony.

So guys, this feature was available in the 4.2 firmware and it's really lovely. I wasn't using a custom launcher for that transparent bars, till I got to know about that option in Nova launcher. But, in 4.3 the option can't do anything unless the firmware gets a change for letting other apps use the transparent bars.

So I wanna ask, is there any way in which we can contact Sony and request them to stop this nonsense?

Please respond with an appropriate answer. Thank you!

sent from under the water through my Sony Xperia Z
My homescreens: MyColorScreen
My apps on: Google Play

Always have your stuff when you need it with Dropbox. Sign up for free! http://db.tt/swcWMFA3
Want even more space? Come here: Copy or here: OneDrive

alias_neo
Old
Thanks Meter 190
I've tried a bunch of xposed modules and sadly nothing works fully. At best I managed to hide statusbar but no effect on navbar.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
Storage Ether Widget - Storage Widget for Android phones and tablets.
Tags
.569, navbar, nova launcher, statusbar, transparent