Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

[Q] [REQ]Transparent statusbar and navbar for nova launcher running on stock.569

OP rer3

10th January 2014, 03:22 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bandung
Thanks Meter: 51

179 posts
More
Is there any way to make transparent statusbar and navbar for nova launcher running on stock.569 ?

I've tried xposed with gravitybox, seems not working with 4.3.
10th January 2014, 11:22 PM   |  #2  
London
Thanks Meter: 53

610 posts
+1

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
11th January 2014, 06:12 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 9

29 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rer3

Is there any way to make transparent statusbar and navbar for nova launcher running on stock.569 ?

I've tried xposed with gravitybox, seems not working with 4.3.

This issue exists with Xperia roms ever since they decided that the native apps could change the colour of the Navbar (Navbar colour syncs with the Walkman background hue). Perhaps third party launchers need to include a code to relay an alpha tint to the Navbar to make it transparent or translucent.

At the moment Tinted Status Bar works for Navbar transparency. You need to change the default hue for Navbar in settings. But the effects are transient and you need to launch a stock application like dealer or messaging to observe the effects. Once you reboot, the Navbar defaults to black.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glasseffects For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th January 2014, 07:46 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bandung
Thanks Meter: 51

179 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by glasseffects

This issue exists with Xperia roms ever since they decided that the native apps could change the colour of the Navbar (Navbar colour syncs with the Walkman background hue). Perhaps third party launchers need to include a code to relay an alpha tint to the Navbar to make it transparent or translucent.

At the moment Tinted Status Bar works for Navbar transparency. You need to change the default hue for Navbar in settings. But the effects are transient and you need to launch a stock application like dealer or messaging to observe the effects. Once you reboot, the Navbar defaults to black.

I'll just wait for gravitybox to overcome this bug, thanks for the reply though.
17th January 2014, 08:14 PM   |  #5  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 246

344 posts
Donate to Me
More
Sony has blocked non Sony apps from using the transparent status and navigation bars in the 4.3 firmware. I just contacted Kevin Barry, the developer of Nova Launcher in this regard and asked him whether the launcher needs an update to get it on 4.3 or has Sony restricted it? He said it's Sony.

So guys, this feature was available in the 4.2 firmware and it's really lovely. I wasn't using a custom launcher for that transparent bars, till I got to know about that option in Nova launcher. But, in 4.3 the option can't do anything unless the firmware gets a change for letting other apps use the transparent bars.

So I wanna ask, is there any way in which we can contact Sony and request them to stop this nonsense?

Please respond with an appropriate answer. Thank you!

sent from under the water through my Sony Xperia Z
18th January 2014, 12:43 AM   |  #6  
Flag Wilmslow
Thanks Meter: 203

2,073 posts
More
I've tried a bunch of xposed modules and sadly nothing works fully. At best I managed to hide statusbar but no effect on navbar.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
.569, navbar, nova launcher, statusbar, transparent
Previous Thread Next Thread