No registration required

[Q] Xperia Z 6603, 10.3.1.A.0.244/ 10.3.1.A.2.67 - mobile data problem

OP barbacan

12th June 2014, 01:56 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
Hello All,
I am afraid this not is going to be a short and easy story... I will try to be short
After the Stock update to 4.4.2 i got finally fed up with the fact that the long awaited KitKat drains battery like a power addict and decided to go back to stock 4.2.2 - which, for me, solves two problems - in this version the Bluetooth connectivity in my car works properly and the battery is used more 'soberly' as well as that I can easily root it and clear all the bloatware.

I found several stock versions of 4.2.2 - e.g. C6603_10.3.1.A.0.244_Generic NCB.ftf, C6603_10.3.1.A.0.244_CE.ftf, C6603_10.3.1.A.2.67_CE.ftf
After flashing them with the latest flashtool everything seems fine - battery, bluetooth,wifi etc. BUT the mobile data has the following problem: the phone connects to 4G, 3G and GPRS, but apart from Youtube none of the applications is able to use the Internet connection from the mobile operator. This to me seems like a problem with DNS resolution but I do not have any firewalls etc. installed or activated.

It may be worth mentioning that when Chrome tries to connect to a web address (e.g. xyz) for an instant there is a message on the screen "Redirecting you to xyz web address", maybe this is the place where it goes wrong? Needles to say that the connection to the specified website is not possible because "Chrome could not find the xyz page"... (this does not happen on wifi connection).

I would be very grateful if U could suggest a way out !
Last edited by barbacan; 12th June 2014 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Misspelt model number - should be 6603
12th June 2014, 02:43 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 15

45 posts
Have you tried downloading the Internet setting ?
at setting -> xperia -> Internet setting.
12th June 2014, 02:46 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangewanted

Have you tried downloading the Internet setting ?
at setting -> xperia -> Internet setting.

Hi,
I reloaded the Internet settings from my operator several times, also changed to another sim. What is really puzzling is that Youtube has no problem with connecting. There is something funny going on with the DNS service I suppose....
Any thoughts ?
Thx
12th June 2014, 06:31 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 261

831 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbacan

Hello All,
I am afraid this not is going to be a short and easy story... I will try to be short
After the Stock update to 4.4.2 i got finally fed up with the fact that the long awaited KitKat drains battery like a power addict and decided to go back to stock 4.2.2 - which, for me, solves two problems - in this version the Bluetooth connectivity in my car works properly and the battery is used more 'soberly' as well as that I can easily root it and clear all the bloatware.

I found several stock versions of 4.2.2 - e.g. C6603_10.3.1.A.0.244_Generic NCB.ftf, C6603_10.3.1.A.0.244_CE.ftf, C6603_10.3.1.A.2.67_CE.ftf
After flashing them with the latest flashtool everything seems fine - battery, bluetooth,wifi etc. BUT the mobile data has the following problem: the phone connects to 4G, 3G and GPRS, but apart from Youtube none of the applications is able to use the Internet connection from the mobile operator. This to me seems like a problem with DNS resolution but I do not have any firewalls etc. installed or activated.

It may be worth mentioning that when Chrome tries to connect to a web address (e.g. xyz) for an instant there is a message on the screen "Redirecting you to xyz web address", maybe this is the place where it goes wrong? Needles to say that the connection to the specified website is not possible because "Chrome could not find the xyz page"... (this does not happen on wifi connection).

I would be very grateful if U could suggest a way out !

manually flash 4.3
check whether it rectifies issues
after that manually flash 4.4.2 without data wipe
The Following User Says Thank You to androidtweaker1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th June 2014, 08:00 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidtweaker1

manually flash 4.3
check whether it rectifies issues
after that manually flash 4.4.2 without data wipe

Hello - thanks for this attempt, but unfortunately no luck with it. Here is what I did (please check if I understood you correclty):
1) downloaded - C6603_10.4.1.B.0.101_CE.ftf (4.3)
2) flashed 4.3.(above) with Flashtool (wiping all)
3) restarted - mobile data could be accessed by Chrome and other apps
4) flashed 4.2.2 ver 10.3.1.A.0.244 and then 10.3.1.A.2.67 with the data wipe disabled,
Result - again in 4.2.2 the mobile data is not available to apps other than Youtube ...
Any more thoughts on this?
Thanks again !
12th June 2014, 08:18 PM   |  #6  

831 posts
Quote:

Hello - thanks for this attempt, but unfortunately no luck with it. Here is what I did (please check if I understood you correclty):
1) downloaded - C6603_10.4.1.B.0.101_CE.ftf (4.3)
2) flashed 4.3.(above) with Flashtool (wiping all)
3) restarted - mobile data could be accessed by Chrome and other apps
4) flashed 4.2.2 ver 10.3.1.A.0.244 and then 10.3.1.A.2.67 with the data wipe disabled,
Result - again in 4.2.2 the mobile data is not available to apps other than Youtube ...
Any more thoughts on this?
Thanks again !

Another solution will be root the 4.2.2 using easyroot
flash prerooted 4.4.2
download no frills cpu from playstore and under-clock the processor a bit it will greatly improve battery life.I am doing the same
The Following User Says Thank You to androidtweaker1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th June 2014, 08:36 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
Quote:

Another solution will be root the 4.2.2 using easyroot
flash prerooted 4.4.2
download no frills cpu from playstore and under-clock the processor a bit it will greatly improve battery life.I am doing the same

OK - So I see where we have a misunderstanding ... I wanted to go back to 4.2.2. which worked fine for me for the small exception of the mobile data transmission but not go up to 4.4.2.
I am looking for a solution to make the 4.2.2. work with data transmission.
Could you give this a thought ? I would appreciate it a lot!
Regards!
12th June 2014, 08:40 PM   |  #8  

831 posts
Quote:

OK - So I see where we have a misunderstanding ... I wanted to go back to 4.2.2. which worked fine for me for the small exception of the mobile data transmission but not go up to 4.4.2.
I am looking for a solution to make the 4.2.2. work with data transmission.
Could you give this a thought ? I would appreciate it a lot!
Regards!

I gave 4.4.2 solution because the data issue is sufficing in 4.2.2 repeatedly
and from what i had read the only issue you had with 4.4.2 was battery drain so gave you a solution for 4.4.2
12th June 2014, 08:58 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
Quote:

I gave 4.4.2 solution because the data issue is sufficing in 4.2.2 repeatedly
and from what i had read the only issue you had with 4.4.2 was battery drain so gave you a solution for 4.4.2

Your help is very much appreciated!
The reason I keep trying with 4.2.2 is that I am also struggling with the bluetooth issue: on anything above 4.2.2. - simply does not connect to my car's buletooth handsfree....
Thanks anyway. I need to decide whether I have the bluetooth and no mobile data or mobile data and no bluetooth, Seems like Sony is not too generous ...
12th June 2014, 09:15 PM   |  #10  

831 posts
Quote:

Your help is very much appreciated!
The reason I keep trying with 4.2.2 is that I am also struggling with the bluetooth issue: on anything above 4.2.2. - simply does not connect to my car's buletooth handsfree....
Thanks anyway. I need to decide whether I have the bluetooth and no mobile data or mobile data and no bluetooth, Seems like Sony is not too generous ...

Have u given 4.3 a try?

Edit ignore this
Last edited by androidtweaker1; 12th June 2014 at 09:20 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread