Watch This Now!

[Q] No Root Method Working - Bell

66 posts
Thanks Meter: 16
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Asking for help here is always a last resort - just picked up the Xperia Z on Bell the other day as a straight-up trade for my Galaxy SIII as I was starting to get a little bored with the S3 and wanted a new phone to play with. Little did I know that this would be project it has turned into just trying to get this thing rooted, let alone flashing any custom ROM. Every time I try to root this thing, I get absolutely nowhere. I have tried the easyroot toolkit about a hundred times and it shows that it was rooted successfully but when I reboot, no luck. I tried the other rooting method where you follow the command prompts and enter service mode - select display test and wait for the screen to go white but that's as far as it goes, it just sits there with a white screen. Another guy said to try turning the display off then back on a few times to see if that kicked it into gear, but nothing, that's as far as it gets.

I also tried rolling back the kernel to a previous one using another method from XDA and rooting that way, but flashing the kernel bricked the device and I had to reflash in flashmode back to stock. Here are some details re the build number I'm on and everything. I don't see anybody else who has had this particular problem with this device. Is there a way to flash a firmware that has root already?

Bell Mobility
Model C6616
Andoid Version 4.1.2
Baseband version 9x15A-ACEFWMAZQ-30110041-32
Build Number 10.1.1.A.1.319
11th January 2014, 11:07 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Norwich
Thanks Meter: 4,153
Donate to Me
Tried Doomlord's method?

The instructions are in the OP of that thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperHanss For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th January 2014, 11:57 PM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Calgary
Thanks Meter: 16
Thumbs up How embarrassing
Originally Posted by Drummerjed

Tried Doomlord's method?

The instructions are in the OP of that thread.

Ermygerd, I've been up and down the boards all day looking for the answer and I don't know how I missed that one. That worked like a charm, thank you so much for your quick response.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread